Need help concerning YETI carpet

allena

Some people will remember that I have been having ongoing problems with SKODA in France over my Yeti.

Last week, they replaced the carpet (following rectification of a leak that flooded the driver's footwell.)

The standard of work is aweful, IMHO.

Here for example is an image of the carpet finish under the driver's seat:

8621177af2f2.jpg

and this under the passenger's seat:

bc9576b26374.jpg

These areas of 'carpet' are immediately beside the outside seat runner bars.

Can anyone tell me how this compares with their Yeti carpet?

I'm also interested in the thickness of the carpet which I would say is 1/8" thick at most.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Or even tell me if your carpet stick up in these areas?

Hi Allen - Long time - No speak! emotion-19.gif

Just seen your latest post - I've checked "Tigger" and his carpet lies completely flat. I had to look carefully to find the "Split" where the carpet fits over the runner to aid assembly. Where as on yours, it is very prominent.

Looking a little deeper in this area at the carpet on "Tigger". It is not stuck down, it just pushes under the rail / runner and lies very neatly there. (Note to self: found something that looks like cabling underneath - Check it out in daylight - what is it - where does it go to and what does it do! - Oh what would I give for a Yeti wiring Diagram!)

Glad you got the Foils sorted at last! Hope the fitting instructions helped "The Muppet's" to get it right (Finally)emoticon-0114-dull.gif.................Regards....................Tony

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Edited by Great Yeti

Hi Allen - Long time - No speak! emotion-19.gif

Just seen your latest post - I've checked "Tigger" and his carpet lies completely flat. I had to look carefully to find the "Split" where the carpet fits over the runner to aid assembly. Where as on yours, it is very prominent.

Looking a little deeper in this area at the carpet on "Tigger". It is not stuck down, it just pushes under the rail / runner and lies very neatly there. (Note to self: found something that looks like cabling underneath - Check it out in daylight - what is it - where does it go to and what does it do! - Oh what would I give for a Yeti wiring Diagram!)

Glad you got the Foils sorted at last! Hope the fitting instructions helped "The Muppet's" to get it right (Finally)emoticon-0114-dull.gif.................Regards....................Tony

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Thanks, Tony. I haven't been too good, hence my silnce on the forum. :( Have sent you an email.

Regards, Allen

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Allen....................swMbo has been running the feet off me emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Glad you are feeling a little better! emoticon-0148-yes.gif I think I might have the answer as to what has happened! I have sent you an email with some suggestions as to what the "Muppets" emoticon-animal-016.gifemoticon-animal-016.gifmay have been doing with your Yeti. I hope It gets resolved by the "Big-Wig Technicians" from Paris on Thursday.

Best wishes...........Tony

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif