Anthracite vRS on it's way

Had a phone call from the dealer on Friday to let me know my vRS has finally been built, and is now heading to the UK! I'm hoping to have it parked on my driveway by the end of the month - is three weeks from build to getting the keys realistic?

Spec is:

- vRS TSI manual hatchback in Anthracite Grey

- vRS Leather Seats

- Heated front seats

- Rear parking sensors

- Auto dimming mirros, auto lights, & auto wipers

- Maxidot

- Spare wheel

Not sure if I'll be modifing it all, maybe just a few little tweaks rather than full on mods, though a remap is very tempting - probably best to run it in first ;)

Anyway, not much more to say other than 'Yay!'. Definately looking forward to picking it up a few weeks time!

Edited by alanjonesbath

Anthracite is a really classy colour for the vRS. I like the blue and black too and the white one can look more aggressive but the anthracite does it for me. Doesn't show the dirt too badly and loks fantastic when you finish cleaning it.

How long have you had it on order?

The order was placed on 22nd January. To be fair, the dealer estimated 9 weeks for delivery from placing the order to handing over the keys, which is (hopefully!) going to be about right.!

Edited by alanjonesbath

Had a phone call from the dealer on Friday to let me know my vRS has finally been built, and is now heading to the UK! I'm hoping to have it parked on my driveway by the end of the month - is three weeks from build to getting the keys realistic?

Spec is:

- vRS TSI manual hatchback in Anthracite Grey

- vRS Leather Seats

- Heated front seats

- Rear parking sensors

- Auto dimming mirros, auto lights, & auto wipers

- Maxidot

- Spare wheel

Not sure if I'll be modifing it all, maybe just a few little tweaks rather than full on mods, though a remap is very tempting - probably best to run it in first ;)

Anyway, not much more to say other than 'Yay!'. Definately looking forward to picking it up a few weeks time!

Nearly the same spec as mine.

I've added the Xenons and Satnav too.

I originally had a build Week 14, however my dealer called me today to say that it is now Week 12 - so should have it quite soon.

No more Anthracite please, I have seen one in the 12 months I've had mine.

Why not change your orders to that blue colour or yellow...you know you want to....!!.. :no:

Seriously, enjoy...they look really really nice.... :thumbup:

No more Anthracite please, I have seen one in the 12 months I've had mine.

Why not change your orders to that blue colour or yellow...you know you want to....!!.. :no:

Seriously, enjoy...they look really really nice.... :thumbup:

+1 ........keep the exclusivity please B)

None of your common or garden blue/red/white/black/yellow.....pffft *sniff* :D

There's a point-why no green VRS's??

Uh oh...found one...maybe this is why :giggle:

top2.jpg

I think a metallic British Racing Green might work on the Octy vRS.

My mum would never forgive me if I did ever get a green car - apparently green is an unlucky colour.

Seems loads of people are going Candy White for the FL, so I quite fancied the rarer Anthracite.

Think the Fabia vRS 'Rallye Green' might look a bit much on the Octavia!

Good call with the Anthracite - it's what I would have done :yes:

Enjoy it when it gets here, I'm sure you will. Fingers crossed it'll be with you before too long.

Just to make you drool more :giggle:

Heres mine:

OHHHHHHHHHHHH NICE wheels are so so clean and the pocket rocket peeking out in the background wish that was my drive wait a minute you even have a drive way to keep them safe on !!!!!!

Bloody hell alot of guys have bought the vRS in antracite

thats a good thing takes the heat off the race blue ones for a bit maybe this is the new common one :p

Yes, sorry for adding yet another Anthracite vRS to the roads! Like most, I've seen so few - in fact, I'm not sure I've even seen a FL vRS in anthracite on the road yet, just the pre-FL special edition model. I'm sure the numbers of blue and silver vRS's will still outnumber the grey for a while yet ;) To be fair, I was very tempted by both the blue and silver, but the grey won in the end (plus SWMBO preferred it ;) )

Test drove an anthracite FL one last May when OI ordered my one. I had my heart set on a white with leather.When I saw the Anthracite one i said NO WAY...!!

Just didnt do it for me.. Ordered the white..

Then saw ChrisRs pics after he coating his one with Finis wax and wondered if i had made the right choice..emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

Everytime i go out my door and see my white one i know i did emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Still, Next time round will be a toss up between Anthracite and Race Blue...

Whats the betting.. I will order another white one in the end

But hey,,

Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours when it arrives.. and above all..Enjoy it

Edited by vectra1

Had a call from dealer yesterday to say it would be with them early next week, so I'll be collecting it a week on Saturday (26th), so exactly 9 weeks from ordering. I've choosen the number plate (nothing special or interesting on offer sadly), so now it's just twiddling thumbs until he has the delivery day confirmed and I can sort the insurance out.

I've asked him to order me a boot net, as I've always found it handy on the Audi. I'm also considering the plastic boot liner, and the large storage box that fits in the recess in the boot behind the passenger side rear wheel arch. Has any one got either, and are they worth it/useful/good quality?