Car got a detail today...

I finally got around to detailing the car today. I've been waiting for ages to get a day to myself and also dry weather.

Washed it with Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo (great stuff.)

Then I clayed it with Meguiars Quik clay. This is the first time I have ever clayed a car and I'd def do it again. It really does gather alot of cr8p off of the paint.

I then polished it with Poorboy's Black Hole. This stuff is great! Really recommend it.

I then waxed it with Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Ice Wax. This stuff is ok, I'll wait and see how it holds up.

Here are some pics. I'll try and get better ones tomorrow.

Enjoy.

SEE PICS BELOW. Thanks Triggerfish!

Ps the Spiders will be coming off next week. I've decided to go back to the standard alloys for now.

J

p1010739a.jpg

p1010713g.jpg

p1010720l.jpg

At first glance the reflections looked a bit like teeth.:blush:

p1010722e.jpg

There you go. :) Looks good though! Not a massive fan of the light tinting personally.

Just wait till tomorrow and it'll be looking dirty again!

Edited by TriggerFish

Thanks very much. Briskoda is really playing up to night. Keeps saying the server is to busy.

Yes it probably will get dirty tomorrow. I plan to wash it every other night come the bright nights though :thumbup:

J

Guest BigJase88

looks nice needs a leon cupra r splitter and the 'neverbeen' stickers taken off then you'll be onto a winner :thumbup:

i just go over mine with megs ultimate detalier and two clothes daily to remove the dust then treat it to a good wash with the 2bm and snowfoam lambswool etc as not to damage paint weekly to keep on top of things :thumbup: looks good :thumbup: dont like the sticker as said or the light tints :(

jordan

PS. I MADE YOU GO BACK TO 16S!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Edited by wilsy7

Cheers guys. Tints are a case of 'each to their own'. I'm happy with them. The sticker looks much better in person :thumbup:

Splitter and colour coded grill are the next mods.

Wilsy, you helped make my mind up. The main reason is I'm losing mpg and at the min don't have the cash to put better tyres on all four corners.

J

My 16s have Rainsports 2s fitted all round :thumbup:

I like:

Shiny black

17" spiders

Good work on the detail - paintwork looks great :thumbup:

Nice plain mudflaps - what are these?

I dislike:

Stickers & badges on the back & bonnet

Dirty tail pipe - needs some chrome polish on it!

Chrome grille - needs colour coding bad

I like:

Shiny black

17" spiders

Good work on the detail - paintwork looks great :thumbup:

Nice plain mudflaps - what are these?

I dislike:

Stickers & badges on the back & bonnet

Dirty tail pipe - needs some chrome polish on it!

Chrome grille - needs colour coding bad

Cheers. Not sure what the mudflaps are. They were on it when I bough it. There's a good reason for the green 'V' sticker on the back :giggle:

The tailpipe will get done some night next week. The grill will be coded asap.

J

• 2 weeks later...

i am yet to find a deeper gloss than autoglym ultra deep shine,its designed for blacks but works on any colour and it looks wet when its done.keep your microfibre wet and its easyier to apply and easier to remove with a dry microfibre.

also if you miss a patch,it will look dull,thats how shiney the finish is.thats without clay treatment!