Carbon grill surround?

Have been meaning to colour code the crome grill surround for as long as I can remember, that is however until I stumbled across this thread from last year:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/168379-project-carbon-wrap-day-4/page__p__2048658__hl__carbon__fromsearch__1#entry2048658

Quite like the carbon wrap look and have someone who can do it for a good price. What do you guys reckon on a silver fl vRS?

You not worried about the chrome headlights? I really like the black grill on the Fabia monte Carlo, but then I realised it's the black headlights that make it. Can't find black fl headlamps :-(

I don't like the chrome on mine either - its the only chrome on the car..

I don't want it colour coded and I'm not a fan of "fake" carbon but I'd consider having mine wrapped just in some matt black vinyl - easy to reverse if I don't like it too.

n.b. my mirror caps area also matt black (ie unpainted) to tie in with my roof rails.

Think this would look good on FL white VRS, could be the new alternative to colour coding. Anyone done this yet? How much and where can you get it done?

I was quoted £40 max, probably a little less. If I don't like the carbon then they can supply pretty much any finish I want. I am in Devon and found the company just by searching on google.

Have been meaning to colour code the crome grill surround for as long as I can remember, that is however until I stumbled across this thread from last year:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/168379-project-carbon-wrap-day-4/page__p__2048658__hl__carbon__fromsearch__1#entry2048658

Quite like the carbon wrap look and have someone who can do it for a good price. What do you guys reckon on a silver fl vRS?

I think the carbon grill would look excellent on silver, but I would also wrap the wing mirror casings to compliment it, as you mention if you don't like it just peel it off. :thumbup:

Personally I would buy the 3M Carbon film from the bay and have a go myself, its not that dfficult, with patience and swmbo's best hairdryer...... :giggle:

I may consider the plain black carbon wrap myself (as I have a black car). I have already colour coded the grille surround but despite my best efforts at preparing, priming and painting, it gets stone-chipped like to heck!