New Octavia owner - dsg query

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2008 Octavia TDi DSG and think it is fantastic. But, I am having difficulty setting off smoothly in first gear. It seems to jerk forward into second no matter how gently I depress the accelerator. It seems especially sensitive once the car has warmed up.

Also, when I get home after driving approx 25 miles, I slow down a few yards before my drive and the car drops into second gear, then the revs seems to flutter up and down and the car judders into my drive.

Are both things common or should I be going back the dealer ?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve.

Steve, back to the dealer, I'm afraid. That's not normal behaviour for the DSG 'box!

Good luck getting it sorted, and welcome to Briskoda!

dosent sound normal although my car when in auto likes to use second gear to launch rather than first. It spends a very small time in 1st ( seconds) before going into second- no judders though??

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2008 Octavia TDi DSG and think it is fantastic. But, I am having difficulty setting off smoothly in first gear. It seems to jerk forward into second no matter how gently I depress the accelerator. It seems especially sensitive once the car has warmed up.

Also, when I get home after driving approx 25 miles, I slow down a few yards before my drive and the car drops into second gear, then the revs seems to flutter up and down and the car judders into my drive.

Are both things common or should I be going back the dealer ?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve.

Not normal at all :S , you will get a bit of what feels like "clutch slip" if you try to start very slowly on a step hill. I notice it on my when I am backing slowly up my driveway. Other than that it should be smooth,it will change up quickly when in D as the engine has so much torque. I tend to always start in sport mode and apply about one third to half throttle. It tends to change up at about 2500 to 3000rpm, once I'm up to road speed I move the D