Noise from the front end

Now then.

New to this forum and hoping for an answer to what is becoming an iritant.

Started to experience a whining/droning noise from front OS of my W reg Felicia. It is not the alternator, that is new and ok. Sound starts after ten or fifteen minutes of driving, usually when I get up to 60, yes it takes that long to get up to 60 in my Felicia (only kidding)

After that it is pretty constant at all speeds, although much less below 30. Cornering has no noticable effect. Wheels were balanced recently due to some judder on steering wheel and tyre bod did the usual wheel bearing wheel jiggle and didnt spot anything untowards.

Any suggestions/pointers/experiences greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

John

I get a whining noise when driving at low speeds (probably at high speed to but drowned out by tyre noise) and I have no power steering, it sounds like bearings needing grease builds up with increasing speed and then whines down as I decrease speed. I'm building up the courage to sort it out one of these days :p

I get a whining noise from the passenger side from time to time.....I usually tell her to shut up or get out. ;-)

Edited by RainbowFore