Retrofitted Bluetooth....

Hi guys, i purchased a mobridge "oem like" bluetooth kit for the vRS...got it all working and installed on my lunch break, just need Vag Com coding now to get the maxi dot to work.

Hard part was getting all the wires behind the stereo as there is not a lot of room for the box and the extra wiring looms...but it all went in...eventually hopefully nothing will overheat lol....

Will get pictures up ASAP of the interface etc

That looks good,

what are the other functions?

I didn't choose the amuseden because it seemed, well rubbish. But I did get the maxi-dot.

So i was looking at what aftermarket things I could fit,

does this include satnav etc? Any link to the product would be good plus more infomation.

Ta!

That looks good,

what are the other functions?

I didn't choose the amuseden because it seemed, well rubbish. But I did get the maxi-dot.

So i was looking at what aftermarket things I could fit,

does this include satnav etc? Any link to the product would be good plus more infomation.

Ta!

Yeah columbus is pretty much plug and play in the Fabia, gather there are a couple of different size units though so you need to make sure you get the right one. May also need a touch of re-coding depending on what car it came from or was destined for.

Unit has inbuilt sat nav, with the latest firmware can do full postcode searches too. Also has a 30Gb HDD for music and other media, am lead to believe it can play video DVD's too! Can be combined with a bluetooth module too for full phone control with voice control, though guess you need to install a mic somehow if you dont already have OEM bluetooth. Is a fantastic unit and can be picked up affordably if you scowl around on eBay.

For the sat nav you will simply need to buy a compatible 3rd party antenna, probably will have to mount it descretely on top of the dash somewhere as I gather the GPS signal does not penetrate the dash very well. Shame but something you can live with. if you have an Amundsen with the OEM GPS roof antenna happy days is a simple swap largely.

Edited by pipsyp

For the sat nav you will simply need to buy a compatible 3rd party antenna, probably will have to mount it descretely on top of the dash somewhere as I gather the GPS signal does not penetrate the dash very well. Shame but something you can live with. if you have an Amundsen with the OEM GPS roof antenna happy days is a simple swap largely.

I fitted mine under the top glovebox, get about 6/8 sats good enough for a strong fix

Thank you, I will have a look into this, sounds much better then the OEM. :thumbup:

Yeah its a great unit but it really depends on how much you want OEM sat nav. The Swing unit that comes in the Fabia is there or there abouts a VAG group RCD 310, I have this in my £23K Golf and its plenty good enough. The amplifier is no different to that found in the Touchscreen units so you wont benefit from any noticable sound improvement and it controls the Media-In absolutely fine. Neither car allows you to control the folder changes etc from the steering wheel so functionally theres not alot of benefit there. Have to confess it looks lovely though and if you have OEM bluetooth does integrate very nicely with that too.

I'd like to put the RNS 510 (VW's Columbus equivalent) in my Golf but its a company car so cant be bothered to waste my time and money. In any case I think a decent TomTom or Garmin with Live services will probably do a better job anyway, I'd get something like that and make to with the Swing.