v6 major oil prob

a friend owns a 2005 v6 with a couple of probs first major one is in last couple of days oil has appeared all over engine round oil filter removed and replaced o ring was missing was deffo there last time as i replaced and did service so put new one in and after 5 mins oil leaking from filter again (weakest point) o ring but cannot remove top until engine stopped ( i know shouldnt but was just trying to loosen slightly to make sure o ring seated ) but as soon as engine off undoes easily . second is front left fuel pipe to top of injector has slight leak is it a case of changing seals

Seems like the crankcase ventilation is building up pressure from within the engine...are the head gaskets ok? I know of someone who had a different model car, oil leaking here and there and when the bonnet was open and we was looking for the problem, the oil filler cap took off like a rocket!! we never did find the blessed thing...that was diagnosed as having crankcase ventialtion valve problems. And this ex friend of mine, put a rag over the filler cap as a temporary measure, and the rag got sucked in and meshed to shreds inside the engine lol...hence writing it off.

There is also a crankcase ventialtion system filter in the centre vee. A bit hard to get to. I would have this replaced initially. But first of all make sure that the coolant is not getting contaminated, i.e. head gasket gone (very unlikely on the V6). Crankcase ventilation system filter plugging is quite common on the V6. Common signs are injector seal leaks.

2005 V6 should not have crankcase ventilation problems due to clogged filter, these were on earlier engines.

The fact that pressure goes away immediately after shutdown confirms it.

So, if there is so much pressure build-up, it is likely that the head gasket is blown. Did the engine have TB job, and if yes, was coolant removed and refilled? It is easy to leave airlock in the head which will lead to overheated gasket over time and exhaust blowing out to oil or to coolant. This is also a problem on 1.9 engines.

Leaking injector line at union nut sometimes just requires tightening the nut, especially if engine has been at workshop earlier for any reason. Just don't overtighten it.

2005 V6 should not have crankcase ventilation problems due to clogged filter, these were on earlier engines.

The fact that pressure goes away immediately after shutdown confirms it.

So, if there is so much pressure build-up, it is likely that the head gasket is blown. Did the engine have TB job, and if yes, was coolant removed and refilled? It is easy to leave airlock in the head which will lead to overheated gasket over time and exhaust blowing out to oil or to coolant. This is also a problem on 1.9 engines.

Leaking injector line at union nut sometimes just requires tightening the nut, especially if engine has been at workshop earlier for any reason. Just don't overtighten it.

When was the CCV filter issue resolved, and do you know how it was done? Bigger filter, or just no filter?

Also is there a CCV valve to regulate the CC pressure in tandem with the compressor inlet depression? I do not recall seeing one on mine.

When was the CCV filter issue resolved, and do you know how it was done? Bigger filter, or just no filter?

Also is there a CCV valve to regulate the CC pressure in tandem with the compressor inlet depression? I do not recall seeing one on mine.

Different filter design, no more mesh. Definitely 2004-onwards, but quite possibly (I'm 80% sure) 2002-onwards, ie all Superbs have a new filter. In any case, the car in Q is 2005 so new filter.