Shock Horror

stanjackos

After becoming thoroughly depressed by the numerous posts lamenting on the constant slipping back of delivery dates, I plucked up courage yesterday and rang the online dealer who I placed my order for a 170 Elegance with on the 5th November 2010. To my amazement he informed me that it had been built and would be en route to the supplying dealer. The last time I contacted him in February he assured me that delivery would be 26th - 29th April 2011 which he has now confirmed.

However, he shocked me by saying that he had just placed a new order for 60 4x4 Yetis and that delivery would be late December - early January! hows that for a 10 month wait! He also said that Skoda were not alone in their inability to supply vehicles. A wait of 10 months for an Hyundai ix35, Kia`s with the 2 Litre engine which is also used in the Sportage were at least 12 months! they had just received 2 Range Rovers ordered nearly 12 months ago. The list goes on, 7 months for some Audis long waits for the Nissan Juke and Qashqai ( Nissan are now providing temporary loan cars for people on the waaiting list). So it looks like for the forseabe future if you want a new car order it one year in advance!

Now then, how long did he say the wating list was for my new Morgan!!

Excellent news :thumbup:

also ordered on the 5th Nov but mine has yet to be put together, although she should go down the line this coming week (WK14) :)

Regards,

TP

Fingers crossed for you!

As for me, deep down I will only beleive it when it is sitting on my Drive :giggle:

According to a piece in my local paper Hyundai are now offering people waiting for 2 litre Ix35 a new 1.7 litre while they wait. The way it works is the dealer supplies the 1.7 as a new registration and then buys it back at the same price when the 2 litre is available.

Andy

What do you think of this, ordered in Belgium on 18 Sept. 2010 ( 1.2 TSI DSG Panno roof).

My dealer told me I had to wait 12 weeks.

Meanwhile, it turned out to be 30 weeks.About 7 1/2 months today,and still no news :wall: