LED lights of passenger mirror doesn't work

Hello,

Since a few days a noticed that the led lights on the bottom of the passenger mirror are not working anymore. It's a 2007 elegance model with indicators and LED lights to see the ground/floor when stepping out in the dark. I washed my car this week, so could it be water ingress?

In the manual its not descriped how to unplug the LED light. THe plastic screen of the LED lights looks a bit duffy.

Hello,

Since a few days a noticed that the led lights on the bottom of the passenger mirror are not working anymore. It's a 2007 elegance model with indicators and LED lights to see the ground/floor when stepping out in the dark. I washed my car this week, so could it be water ingress?

In the manual its not descriped how to unplug the LED light. THe plastic screen of the LED lights looks a bit duffy.

It does sound like water ingress. Have you checked your front and rear passenger side footwells for signs of dampness or under the battery?

Ant695

This car is a left hand steering car (Belgium) and normally these car don't have issues with water ingress due the cabin air filter seal?

I have read this once at Briskoda. And I have never heard someone here having problems with water ingress.

But yes, I will check this tomorrow. I don't have any other elektrical issues, and the indicator lights are still working in this mirror.

I will update the results asap, but water ingress I can not believe this. Also this car has only 18000miles on clock and is the engine is looking that clean that I can eat on it. So blocked water drains.... nearly impossible no?

The only thing that I can image that some water came inside the mirror during handwash?? But then it's realy ****, what about carwash, karcher???

Luckily it's something we don't need for driving. But I hope that this is the last elektrical issue. Had once a broken parking sensor, witch is replaced by dealer. i still have this sensor, I hope I can repair it for in case another one is broken...

The superb is super fantastic car, but it's not realy waterproof. And then it's start to be a skoda??? pfffffff

My Superb is left handed also but still suffers from the water ingress issue.

U cant visually see the ingress, you have to remove covers and the battery to see what's really going on.

I checked this out, and there is no water iingress.

But I know the issue from http://www.skodacommunity.de/skoda-forum/board17-skoda-superb-i-forum/

They say, this is one of the most common problem and the problem is corriosion of the cable or connector in the mirror.

It's something you can easily fix, probably with contact spray or making another connection.

Br,

Michael