Rear Parking sensors - problem

dawnbringer

hi all,

I have a problem with one of the sensors, when reversing in the garage one of the sensors marks 'half the way' with bars.

This doesnt seem to happen in an open area/parking display/beeps are correct.

anyone had any similar problems?

Thanks

hi all,

I have a problem with one of the sensors, when reversing in the garage one of the sensors marks 'half the way' with bars.

This doesnt seem to happen in an open area/parking display/beeps are correct.

anyone had any similar problems?

Thanks

Which sensor area is showing. If it is the outer it is most likely picking up your garage wall or something standing within the pickup area. To check this drive in your garage and note which sensor is working, then reverse in, if the opposite sensor shows, they are working correctly.This assumes you have also front sensors.

I have a tool cabinet and pressure washer at the front left end of my garage this is always picked up by the front outer sensor.

I am dure you will find this is your case also.

Which sensor area is showing. If it is the outer it is most likely picking up your garage wall or something standing within the pickup area. To check this drive in your garage and note which sensor is working, then reverse in, if the opposite sensor shows, they are working correctly.This assumes you have also front sensors.

I have a tool cabinet and pressure washer at the front left end of my garage this is always picked up by the front outer sensor.

I am dure you will find this is your case also.

i only have rear sensors, the sensor in question is the inner passenger side one and not the outer. its just a plain wall. i will try some tests like getting someone to stand behind it etc to confirm.

thanks for your input

i only have rear sensors, the sensor in question is the inner passenger side one and not the outer. its just a plain wall. i will try some tests like getting someone to stand behind it etc to confirm.

thanks for your input

Isn't something silly like the exhaust emissions is it?

I know my dads after market ones cane be activated when in a confined area by the exhaust output.