vRS servicing question

Adhal

Hi guys,

Girlfriend recently bought a vRS and the cambelt was changed 03/2010 @ 33000 miles. Car is currently sat on 47000 miles and the 'oil' warning flashes when you turn the car on. Now she says the previous owner said its not due a service till August, but the way I see it, its overdue a service either way (time and distance). Also, is it standard practice to change the oil and filter at the time of changing the cambelt as this is not stated on the paperwork, so possibly well overdue? Obviuosly it would be best to confirm with previous owner but she needs to find his number again!

PS. how much for just an oil and filter change from an indy or skoda?

Hope you guys can help.

Guest BigJase88

definitely needs changed... service interval is 10k

and im pretty sure the one its missed 40k is a full service?

do it yourself, full service for £80 all geniune parts, depending on oil too tho, that price includes the quantum platinum oil

Don't have the tools or skills to do so my friend!

Don't have the tools or skills to do so my friend!

all you need, is a screw driver, pair of pliers, vice grips or 19mm wrench and t25 torque for removing undertray, worth buying if you dont have them as youll still be quids in. dont patronise i wasnt being rude, just trying to help

Edited by wilsy7

Being new to diesels which parts (if any) other than oil and air filter need replacing during a service. Happy with cam belt intervals and brakes :)

Being new to diesels which parts (if any) other than oil and air filter need replacing during a service. Happy with cam belt intervals and brakes :)

depending on when fuel filter was last changed it may need done (again really easy to do actually just a matter of pulling some pipes off and replacing them lol) skoda say fuel filter interval is 40000 but i think thats a little optimistic so i just change every 10000. and very important to change the oil filter too :thumbup: again really easy. and possibly pollen filter, straight forward aswel lol

depending on when fuel filter was last changed it may need done (again really easy to do actually just a matter of pulling some pipes off and replacing them lol) skoda say fuel filter interval is 40000 but i think thats a little optimistic so i just change every 10000. and very important to change the oil filter too :thumbup: again really easy. and possibly pollen filter, straight forward aswel lol

Thanks. Where is the pollen filter ?

Thanks. Where is the pollen filter ?

In the passenger foot-well - underneath the right-hand edge of the glovebox. There's 2 sliding clips that keep it in place - slide them to either end of the track and pull the filter down (kinda like an upside down toaster).

In the passenger foot-well - underneath the right-hand edge of the glovebox. There's 2 sliding clips that keep it in place - slide them to either end of the track and pull the filter down (kinda like an upside down toaster).

Cheers. I'm off to take a look :)

yep thats it :) just make sure you put the new one in the same way the old one come out so take a few pics or have the new one close on hand :)