CARPET QUALITY ISSUE?

Here's a couple of questions for you knowledgable lot:-

Anyone had issues with the carpet quality on Octavias or Scouts?

Bought my Scout tdi new 10 months ago and covered 10k miles only, yet the carpet has worn through at base of the left foot rest - surely this level of wear cannot be normal?

Also anyone noticed squeek from passenger side of dashboard where it meets the windscreen pillar?

On positive note the car is so practical and thoroughly enjoyable to drive, considering buying another in 12/18months for a replacement for my Leon 130tdi, but these niggles are causing doubts.

for info of those who are interested, it has returned 44.2mpg over the 10k (tank to tank calculations), although maxidot is a little optimistic with indication of 49.3mpg

I have had similar issues with carpets before, not in Skoda may I add, but the car is warrantied, show them at the dealer and they should be able to help with getting replacements autorised, sometimes it can just be a bad batch or something.

The drivers seat in my Touran was really badly worn after only a few thousand miles, took it in, and they replaced it without question.