Octavia mini overhaul

Guys,

I have a 2001 1.4 Octavia with 107000 miles on the clock.

I have few bob saved and I'd prefer to keep the car I have rather than roll the dice on somebody else's possible trouble.

Although, all seems well, I'm looking to have somebody take detailed look at it to make sure it's good for another 100000 miles: bhp test, timing belt (changed at 80), shocks, steering and so on.

I don't want to take it to a Skoda dealer as I'm hoping to cut the overall coast and be able to invest in tiding up the interior, small broken parts replacement some bodywork repair.

If anybody knows a suitable place, preferably near Dublin, where I could go and get a decent assessment I'd be grateful.

K

Any good independent should suffice.

One place in Swords is D&S Auto Services, they have seen my Octy a few times had no problems.

http://www.marajon.com/business.aspx?businessid=40

There is a lad in Portlaois (I know that is not Dublin, but its only an hour from the Red Cow)

George Dalton, he is supposed to have some magical touch with VAG cars,

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57780

Ill be getting some work done by him tomo, so feel free to PM if you want more info.

Hope this helps.