Noise/vibration at 1500

Hi guys can anyone advise on this query... Had the 1.9 tdi pd a few months now and am noticing a noise /vibration at 1550 rpm when gently accelerating up to speed, if I downshift and the revs arelower than 1550 as it gets to that rpm point a raspy noise is evident by 1650 it's gone and it's notevident if I'm briskly accelerating , just when I'm sAy coming off aroundabout in 2nd and I'm Accellerating up toward 2k to upshift it's quite noticeable as it's only breif but wondered if anyonehad experienced this, p s it's done about 8 k in total cheers

Hi guys can anyone advise on this query... Had the 1.9 tdi pd a few months now and am noticing a noise /vibration at 1550 rpm when gently accelerating up to speed, if I downshift and the revs arelower than 1550 as it gets to that rpm point a raspy noise is evident by 1650 it's gone and it's notevident if I'm briskly accelerating , just when I'm sAy coming off aroundabout in 2nd and I'm Accellerating up toward 2k to upshift it's quite noticeable as it's only breif but wondered if anyonehad experienced this, p s it's done about 8 k in total cheers

Getting something like that on my 2.0Tdi, seems to be getting worse and appears around the 1500 rpm range too.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/198647-scout-vibration/

its really rev spcific and isnt dependent upon speed its when gently accelerating up and you get to 1550 rpm and its like a resonance, like a harmonic vibration off the engine is making something "buzz" elsewhere but its nowhere else in the rev range , could it be the engine is not happy at such low revs and is not "smooth" at these revs, its not apparent if i give it more welly just gentle throttle work to increase speed,also why is it ok below the 1500rpm and ok above?? very odd !

• 2 weeks later...

will take a lokk later, could you see the problem area from the bonnet arera or do you have to be up on alift and underneith?, front exhaust mount ,is that the first joint after the manifold or after the pre cat can thing in the pipe after the manifold . cheers !!

Had to have it up on ramps as it's only visible underneath. The bracket is just after the cat, pretty easy to spot, bit like an X shaped affair with 2 lower arms with bolts attaching to the block and 2 upper "prongs" for the exhaust to sit in. Hope that makes sense.

Bit extra which may help: He also said that the airbox was vibrating quite badly, something the Golf suffers with too, he did a bit of tweaking/resecuring in that area which seemed to help.

That's sounding highly likely as the sound I'm getting I'd like a resonating hollow sound not metallic more like a revererating sound (like a trombone!!) cheers didn't know gold got it tho ! Wil check it out2morrow