Steering Wheel Controls

survey

Does anyone else find the roller controls on the steering wheel a real pain? They are so sensitive that a light touch with a sleeve can change radio volume or the MFD display. Whoever designed these needs shooting! My MB uses buttons - so much mote positive!

Does anyone else find the roller controls on the steering wheel a real pain? They are so sensitive that a light touch with a sleeve can change radio volume or the MFD display. Whoever designed these needs shooting! My MB uses buttons - so much mote positive!

They are sensitive but something I have got used to. After all none of the buttons do anything that affects the car safety or handling. (for example the cruise control) I normally keep the MFD on "average fuel consumption".

Never had that problem as they are far enough "in" from the edges to only be accessible to thumbs when needed.

The only way my sleeve would touch one is if my hand went past the 12o-clock position which I don't think I do generally.

I like the buttons at the back that do affect safety......change gear on my DSG.....emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Elsie the Helipad is unique, very few have flappy paddlesemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Love the other buttons, much better than my old Octavia.

the only thing I don't like about them is they are slow to scroll through the phone book when dialing a number. But other than that I have no issue.

the only thing I don't like about them is they are slow to scroll through the phone book when dialing a number.

IIRC it scrolls a page at a time if you press and hold the roller.

I have occasionally nudged one or other of the rollers accidentally but the consequences are never more than irritating, certainly never life-threatening.

IIRC it scrolls a page at a time if you press and hold the roller.

I have occasionally nudged one or other of the rollers accidentally but the consequences are never more than irritating, certainly never life-threatening.

oooh I will have to try that tonight - it will make life much easier!