What to choose? Octy VRS TDI or Fabia VRS Estate?

copper2482

I am finally in the market for a new motor, and am currently contemplating a Octavia VRS tdi or a Fabia VRS estate. I am still a bit of a Skoda snob and would only buy the VRS models as I love the sporty look to them. I will shortly be doing less than half the 700 miles a week i currently put on my Mk1 Fabia VRS and with the addition on a large labradoodle puppy to the family I need a vehicle that can swallow a suitcase and the dog without having to put the seats down.

Due to my employment and discounts availiable with it, I have managed to negotiate two prospective deals for the above cars new.

Firstly a Octavia VRS tdi in candy white with parking sensors, spare wheel, and some illumination package (auto lights?) brand new and on the road for £17,295, availiable for delivery in 4 weeks.

Secondly a Fabia VRS estate, again, in white with parking sensors, cruise control, brand new delivered within 13/14 weeks for £14,500.

I am asking you fellow Briskodians whether these are good deals and what represents the best value for money, especially as i will be doing about 15-17k miles per year, considerably less than i do now.

Mmmm. Skoda were doing Vat free which would mean an Octy OTR of about 17K I THINK!!!! Having owned a Mk1 Fabia VRS and now owning a Facelift Octy VRS. I'd go for the Octy, although I've not driven a mk2 Fabia!!!

I have a 7 stone Labrador and even he gets lost in the boot of the Octy. I don't know about the size of the Fabia boot but the Octy is 560 litres with the seats up, that's massive. I don't think even the estate version of the Fabia will match that. Albeit I'm far too lazy to go and find out for sure.

I am far to special to be 'old bill' lol similar but different, and no I am not a spook or anything sinister like that. Thanks for your input about the dog etc, the Octy is not in the VAT free offer that Skoda has on at the minute, the Fabia is though i think, which leads me to believe the Octy is the better deal.

I am finally in the market for a new motor, and am currently contemplating a Octavia VRS tdi or a Fabia VRS estate. I am still a bit of a Skoda snob and would only buy the VRS models as I love the sporty look to them. I will shortly be doing less than half the 700 miles a week i currently put on my Mk1 Fabia VRS and with the addition on a large labradoodle puppy to the family I need a vehicle that can swallow a suitcase and the dog without having to put the seats down.

Due to my employment and discounts availiable with it, I have managed to negotiate two prospective deals for the above cars new.

Firstly a Octavia VRS tdi in candy white with parking sensors, spare wheel, and some illumination package (auto lights?) brand new and on the road for £17,295, availiable for delivery in 4 weeks.

Secondly a Fabia VRS estate, again, in white with parking sensors, cruise control, brand new delivered within 13/14 weeks for £14,500.

I am asking you fellow Briskodians whether these are good deals and what represents the best value for money, especially as i will be doing about 15-17k miles per year, considerably less than i do now.

How so quick? I ordered mine mid Feb 2011 and still no idea when it's gonna be ready (White Octavia VRS DSG):(

Given that Drive The Deal are after nearly £19.5k for that speck and many people are waiting 6 months or more for them, it would be the Octavia for me. I am biased as it is what I drive.