new radio

bripete

The current Swing radio is OK I guess. Not HIFI quality but decent. The "old" version of the Roomster had a design flaw for the antenna for cars without the sunroof, but that's fixed in the FL version where all versions have the aerial in the rear of the car (and at least ours also have an extra aerial in the windshield!). The error was that water would leak through the antenna corroding the connection and leaving the radio completely without an aerial.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

The current Swing radio is OK I guess. Not HIFI quality but decent. The "old" version of the Roomster had a design flaw for the antenna for cars without the sunroof, but that's fixed in the FL version where all versions have the aerial in the rear of the car (and at least ours also have an extra aerial in the windshield!). The error was that water would leak through the antenna corroding the connection and leaving the radio completely without an aerial.

thanks raz hows you baby is it ok one more week to go can't wait. new fenture from car to the rommy

The 2011 fabia with swing does sound much better then the 2007 roomster with dance. Dont know if roomster got a speaker upgrade since? If it has, it will be a big improvement. Don't think the sound is about HU in this sort of low end systems, more up to speakers and damping of doors etc.

The problem with broken antenna amp is consistent allthrough the VAG group. Poor design of antenna foot and insufficient sealing causes this (in case of external antenna). Reception is about the same between dance and swing, at least in sweden using FM 88,9 - 108.00MHz

The problem with broken antenna amp is consistent allthrough the VAG group. Poor design of antenna foot and insufficient sealing causes this (in case of external antenna). Reception is about the same between dance and swing, at least in sweden using FM 88,9 - 108.00MHz

my father in law says its the best radio hers heard realy loves it every time he gets in my car he said its a good radio this is

i think in the roomster theses 4 plus 4 more speakers we shall see thanks guys pete

The new Swing Radio has a decent sound, bass is too present and confused with loudness on, though, will try with sound controls if I can do anything with it.

Radio receiver is good, much better than my old Sony on the old Polo.

As to the sound quality of loudspeakers, I think the roomy fits the usual standard VAG low-end components. Some SEAT owners write in an Italian forum that they had effective improvements in installing a real crossover filter between woofers and tweeters. Actually, in (some? the most part?) lowend soundsystems VAG does not fit real crossovers but simple and cheaper condensers on tweeter units. Without going too technical here, experts say that the absence of a real crossover does affect sound in a negative way.

Does any hi-fi experts in Briskoda know anything about this matter? Has any of you tried tweaking it?

I must add, I do not know if this is the case in new Skoda Swing soundsystems, but it probably is. Furthermore, I think Skoda did a good job in positioning tweeters high and ahead of front passengers' faces on A pillars, instead of putting them in door panels, as in other VAG models. The same experts say it is the best position for tweeters.

Update: I found this fix for the Octavia:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/107056-octavia-ii-poor-sounding-stereo-fix/page__hl__loudspeaker

It should be the same for roomsters, some tech guy should publish a step-by-step photo guide for us, poor ignorant people emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Edited by Lorenzo

The main omission for me on the Dance radio , is the lack of a clock.

My old sony on my last car , could display the time , and was visible to all passengers‘.

Reception is good , but I first found the bass very overblown , and now that its trimmed back its not to bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hijacking this thread for a question...

Have been driving my wifes roomster for a couple of miles now. Coming direct from my new fabia i was suprised to notice that as soon i was playing music at vol 13 and above there was a nasty distorsion.

Tried to fiddle with the eq and ended up with; no loudness, bass -2, the rest as default. Now it manages to play at vol 16 before distortion starts. Should it be like this or is it faulty?

It's the 2007 roomie with 8 speakers and dance HU.

just get rid of the oem speakers and fit aftermarket speakers. Even the budget end of top end (JL, Hertz, DLS)or even mid range cheap and cheerful (JBL) like will be better. You could fit a small amp to improve things further, and deaden the doors, if you DIY it won't be that expensive.

Edited by fabia55

Hijacking this thread for a question...

Have been driving my wifes roomster for a couple of miles now. Coming direct from my new fabia i was suprised to notice that as soon i was playing music at vol 13 and above there was a nasty distorsion.

Tried to fiddle with the eq and ended up with; no loudness, bass -2, the rest as default. Now it manages to play at vol 16 before distortion starts. Should it be like this or is it faulty?

It's the 2007 roomie with 8 speakers and dance HU.

Is your music being fed from an MP3 player via the 3.5mm jack?

If so there are input level settings on the Dance HU to adjust the input level from an external source via the 3.5mm jack. Perhaps this is set too high causing music distortion?

From memory there are 3 input levels that are adjusted by pressing the button indicated by an arrow on the LCD screen when it displays AUX IN

HTH

There are also settings for poor FM reception areas that can be activated via VCDS on the Dance HU

Thnx for replies.

Doesn't matter if i use mp3 player, radio or Cd. Still a nasty distortion.

Changing to aftermarket speakers and AMP is one way to go, but the question is if the distortion is because of bad quality components or if the previous owner had his way with the system...

I'm comparing with the sound in my fabia with swing HU, it's such a big difference in how loud you can play and quality of sound that i must do something about it!

So, does all earlier fabias and roomsters sound like crap compared to fl2 or could it be that our's in some way broken?

Thnx for replies.

Doesn't matter if i use mp3 player, radio or Cd. Still a nasty distortion.

Changing to aftermarket speakers and AMP is one way to go, but the question is if the distortion is because of bad quality components or if the previous owner had his way with the system...

I'm comparing with the sound in my fabia with swing HU, it's such a big difference in how loud you can play and quality of sound that i must do something about it!

So, does all earlier fabias and roomsters sound like crap compared to fl2 or could it be that our's in some way broken?

My two year old Roomster has fantastic sound with the original equipment