is my cambelt due?

as i introduced myself last week i said that my vrs is an ex essex undercover old bill motor with all service history and all paperwork , so i have 102000 on the clock atm, and it lists that they serviced it and changed belts , but it dosnt list which ones.

how could i confirm if it includes the cambelt, etc.?

kezzer

Cam belt should be every 60k, or 4 years (pretty sure this applies to both petrol and diesels), so maybe by looking at the service history based on distance & time you might be able to take an educated guess.

Otherwise could you contact the force in question and asked for the detailed history for the car (you might get upset as to how many new panels it has had though :D )

If on miles:

60k - 1st belt change

120k - 2nd belt change

so it might be due a new belt in 18k miles time.

Has it had a water pump change - as if that was changed then the belt should have been changed at the same time (bad practise to refit the old belt).

ok cheers for that.... so id just ring up essex constabulary and ask for traffic or what?

and yeah about the panels ..i already know the front bumper has been blown over but not perfect cus theres a bit of overspray on one of the lower black vents.

ok cheers for that.... so id just ring up essex constabulary and ask for traffic or what?

Not quite sure how you get in contact - not really traffic, you want their vehicle workshops really.

They have a place in Harlow by the looks of Google's cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2Sc-5SbZK8AJ:www.allpolicejobs.co.uk/index.php%3Fp%3Dpolice_job%26jid%3D24538+Essex+Police+vehicle+workshops&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Or the guy who runs this site might be able to help: http://www.ukpolicevehicles.co.uk/ as that seems to cover Essex's road policing unit.

just sent him this..... hope its suitable?

dear sir.

ive recently purchaced a 2002 skoda octavia vrs and joined the owners forum briskoda.net.

the guys on the forum are very helpfull and put me in contact with you as my vehicle is an ex essex undercover car.

it has police service history but no mention of possible cambelt changes.

i was wondering then as you are may i say an enthusiast in police vehicles if you could possibly shed some light on the matter or put me in contact with someone that could.

Skoda Octavia VRS

silver

OY02WWP

please contact me back asap.

many thanks

mr k murphy

You may be better adding the chassis number as im sure that reg number wont be the one that was on it when it was a police car,i could be wrong though,we have to remove & destroy the number plates on our cars before they go to auction(ours are m.o.d cars not police).