Coilovers fitted!

I got my vmaxx coilies fitted today by my friend at his garage.

Initial impressions, the ride is lovely, very comfortable but without the underdamping sometimes found. Perfect compromise between hard and comfortable! It's been dropped 50mm, but I may go a bit lower! Before the ride height was an utter disgrace. when parked and looking at it in the right light, you could see the shock absorber piston, it looked like a scout and did it no favours. Now it's low it looks really elegant and svelte! This is the terrible ride height!

CIMG0056.jpg

Now with the coilovers fitted!

09052011276.jpg

Coilovers040.jpg

low.jpg

It's dropped about 10mm since the photos were taken as well! I am so happy with it. Anyone thinking of lowering their Octy, do it, and do it with coilovers, it's worth the extra expense ten fold.

Thanks for looking!

Looks good! :thumbup: Little more down i front and spacers back and thats sits perfect! B)

And I am very agree, DO IT WITH COILOVERS! :yes:

(you could have measured how much you lowered if you had measured from the center of the wheel to the fender (not sure if that is the right word :S ) before and after :) )

Good man Nik. Looks great now, especially with the deep lip on your wheels. Colour coded grille and you're sorted I reckon. :thumbup:

Whilst for ideal looks you'd drop the front more, you will markedly reduce ride quality, so I'd leave it as is if you're concerned about your back.

EDIT - actually on the last pic it looks pretty low anyway B)

Look forward to seeing it at GTI International. Show and Shine might be quite interesting this year :)

No, was I suppose to? :S

:D No, just that I also forgot to measure "before" the coilovers went on.

Luckily a helpful chap on here gave me the OE measurements so I could work out how low I was vs. stock. I had mine at -45mm to start but then put them up a little to improve the ride and give me a little more clearance over speed bumps. I think mine is perfect now at -35mm. :yes:

Thanks Nick! (two Niks don't make a right :rofl:) It has settled a bit and is very low, am actually quite worried about the new sport bumper + my LCR splitter but we must suffer for our art!

Rob, I completely forgot to do that, my post up there looks a bit sarky, that wasn't the intent! Never realised it would give me or others an indication of how much lower it'd gone. Suffice to say it used to look if it was about a foot between the wheel and arch before... :rofl:

I think I will stay with the same height, Nick on second thoughts (me, taking good advice? Crikey!). It is a great ride at the moment and looks perfect, reminds me of a 993 Turbo arch gap.

One day I might space them out, but TBH I am happy with how they look and sit perfectly within the arch. It might get dropped a bit for a show though, you never know ;)

I am looking forward to seeing your car at Inters too Nick - especially those brakes! If only my LM reps had more clearance! It's ok that the brakes on mine are quite capable and I'm a slow driver!