Locked My keys In My Vrs

can someone please help, ive locked my keys in the boot of my vrs, ive tried the metal coat hanger down the window with no luck, anyone know of any ideas that will work without having to pay for a lock smith or smash a windo

Speaking from personal experience, smash one of the front windows (passenger most likely), climb carefully over the glass, drop the backseat, retreive keys.

Having had a broken rear quarterlight (estate) and a broken front window and having fitted them both back in myself it is so much easier to do the front!

Good luck and hope you get in okay.

Front window is £20 from a scrappy. Estate, Saloon and hatch are all the same (check for tint though!!) I don't know what year yours is but they changed from bolts to huge rivets on the carrier at some point which makes it a bit more of a pain to get all the broken glass out. If I had to do it again I reckon i could get it changed in 30 mins or so if i wasn't too fussed about the broken bits of glass. But you have to think how secure the car will be with a broken window and when you would be able to do it if you are planning on fixing it yourself. If you had been local I would have gave you a loan of my perspex emergency window that I made up to see me through.

And don't feel too bad - I locked my keys AND my son (who was only 2 at the time) in the car, 30 miles from the spare key. Hence the smashed window entry method.

If you have a chance (even an expensive one) of getting the spare then that would be the best option tbh.

window will be smashed and replaced at the same time so im not bothered about the car being left with no window, as for age mine is an 05 reg.

have you got AA cover? if not take it out, it will work out better for you..

Call them out, and they will open the car up without breaking anything, they did it on my A3

I managed to break into a mk3 golf once. He did the same thing locked the keys in the boot!!! Unscrewed the plastic boot handle - reached through and popped the lock - 3 minutes with 1 philips screwdriver - those were the days!!!

something a friend of mine told me if you have a spare key but it's a long way away get them to press the remote down a mobile phone and hold your phone near the car and it unlocks the car we did try it and it worked

Bit late now, But in future when opening the boot pop the keys straight back in yer trouser pocket!emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Hope you get it all sorted with the minimum of fussemoticon-0148-yes.gif