Steering

Hi all

Hope someone may be able to shed a bit of light I replaced my console bushes with the powerflex ones and have had the tracking redone and now my steering wheel seems to be about 35 degrees out it really annoying me I have taken it back to the garage and they said it's spot on which I replied that's bol**cks cause when I'm driving the steering wheel is well off I'm thinking maybe there's play in the column but wondered if anyone has/had the same problem because at the minute I am really not enjoying driving it

Thanks

Alright Jake I changed the bushes myself and I went to b&t to get the tracking done I was thinking about moving the steering wheel but I didn't want to mask up a problem that's if there is one by doing that, oh a bit off subject are you or anyone else going to max powers final cruise tomorrow night thought I may show my face as it's there last one

fair enough, does the car pull to the left atall? or is it just the wheel not sitting right?

if he tracking is fine, but the wheels out, move the wheel (Remove battery first and let it stand for a bit) otherwise the airbag might go off!

I might head up to represent the local forum (South Bucks Modified) if I do, drop me a PM with your number and I'll ping you a text!

Yea tracking seems all good not pulling just steering wheel off centre an it's bugging the hell out of me I think I will hit up Ali see if he can do that I was actually thinking of replacing te steering wheel anyways it's a bit big for my liking I'll send you a pm now

The blockhead who did the alignment didn't set the steering wheel to straight ahead and lock it!! I bet that if you turn the wheel from straight ahead to full right then full left, there will be more turn on one side!!! The trackrod ends need adjusting...one needs winding in... the other winding out....the wheels can be perfectly straight ahead, but they are not "insync" with the steering wheel!!! Shifting the wheel around is an easy cop out to a bodge job!! B)

Guest BigJase88

Yup whoever aligned it made a booboo

Steering wheel should be locked centrally then aligned to suit

Take it somewhere where they actually have a scooby

If they cant even get the wheel centred then i doubt they can align it properly