Help !

I have just paid a deposit for the purchase of a pre-reg Superb 2 estate in elegance trim auto 170.......but is it 170??

The invoice says its a 170 and have been onto a number of insurance sites and they say the registration shows this car to have a 140 engine fitted. I took my enquiry back to the dealer and they are adamant this car is a 170. simple question how do I find out for sure?? Thanks for your help I am sure based on past experience someone on here will know. I do have the Chassis and engine numbers off the invoice if that would help in identifying the engine bhp.

Thanks Roy

Use the link below for DVLA vehicle enquiry site

http://www.taxdisc.d...nt=link.enquiry

Enter Reg number and make

Simples :thumbup:

Meant to add- shows engine size, but also CO2 emissions for car, which you can use to crosscheck in brochurs as each variant has different CO2 output

Edited by superbfan

Thanks everyone, as usual great advice on here. I actually contacted Skoda UK give them the details and confirmed it was a 170....so the purchase goes ahead. Skoda also said that the insurance company are not always correct....understatement, thanks again. Roy