the yetis home

wakev

easy - LH one is on original Dunlops RH is on All Weathers :giggle:

I THOUGHT YOU TWO WOULD SPOT THE TYRES :rofl::rofl:

B):party:

Been wondering all day whether you'd collected her (the one on the right ;):giggle: )

Regards as always,

TP

Hi Tim

no fooling you lot here you go

( :o got the vet surgery in the pic hope the monsters not offended)

post-52230-0-16082600-1305747781_thumb.jpg

Looks like an undertaker's convention. :giggle:

could be a add on to my other business :rofl::rofl: :wonder:

i think the yeti looks better on the goodyear all season tyres rather than the dunlop sports

post-52230-0-48234500-1305753166_thumb.jpg

i think the yeti looks better on the goodyear all season tyres rather than the dunlop sports

It would look even better on 16" wheels emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

looks a very aggressive tread pattern. I wonder how noisy they are and what effect they will have on economy?

looks a very aggressive tread pattern. I wonder how noisy they are and what effect they will have on economy?

I find our Goodyear Vector 4Season tyres only very slightly noisier (hardly noticable, mabye it's just because I know the tyres are all season ones) and there has been no effect on economy in our 1.2 DSG Yeti. Handles well at 20c too.

Didn't buy them for the look, but they are quite nice looking due to the Yeti styling with the flared wheelarches.

Only downside is I expect them to wear out a little faster during the summer months. But I could be wrong.

At least you had both there so your neighbours have some incling that you have a new car since it is exactly the same colour! hehehe Enjoy the extra toys and power!

At least you had both there so your neighbours have some incling that you have a new car since it is exactly the same colour! hehehe Enjoy the extra toys and power!

more torque than power.........

Hi Mike

I find they are much the same as the dunlops. regarding the economy had 43mpg on the long way round back home last night and SWMBO had 54.7mpg on the way to work this morning only 78miles on the clock at the moment. :thumbup:

From the little drive i had last night i found the 110 very good no turbo lag, the 1.2 had a little on pulling away but the 110 you cannot feel the turbo come in, found it a very sweet engine.

Now going for a drive to do the shopping now where did i hide the keys from SWMBO, my turn to have a drive :p stand back and wait for the flying handbag :punch:

Hi Mike

I find they are much the same as the dunlops. regarding the economy had 43mpg on the long way round back home last night and SWMBO had 54.7mpg on the way to work this morning only 78miles on the clock at the moment. :thumbup:

From the little drive i had last night i found the 110 very good no turbo lag, the 1.2 had a little on pulling away but the 110 you cannot feel the turbo come in, found it a very sweet engine.

Now going for a drive to do the shopping now where did i hide the keys from SWMBO, my turn to have a drive :p stand back and wait for the flying handbag :punch:

Thats pretty good economy. I wish I could drive a manual long term, but my back complains after a short while.

You had better learn to duck and block fast emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

So initially, which do you prefer, the petrol 1.2 or the diesel CR110, which both have similar power outputs officially?

Hi Mike,

semi high-jack of your question to wakev but I prefer my new 110 to the previous 140 :yes: Struggling to tell the difference; only one long hill climb has given any indication of that slight bit less torque. Becoming more convinced there's nearer 130 horses under the bonnet not 110 :wonder:

Oh my best maxidot so far is 55.5mpg.

This morning going to work gave 48.3, coming home 51.2

Regards,

TP

Thats pretty good economy. I wish I could drive a manual long term, but my back complains after a short while.

You had better learn to duck and block fast emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

So initially, which do you prefer, the petrol 1.2 or the diesel CR110, which both have similar power outputs officially?

Hi Mike

Both are good engines the 1.2 would go after a very short turbo lag nothing to worry about it was so short, it was certainly very responsive for it size and moved the large yeti along with no problem and would give very good mpg as well.

The 2lt 110 certainly pulls away from standstill with no lag and feels like it just wants to go with no hesitation. still only just over 100miles so cant give it a good hard test yet, but finding rolling starts at roundabouts you can be in a gear higher than the 1.2 and it will just take it in its stride. the 110 is certainly showing a good mpg at 100miles now 47.8 on a mix of A and B roads on the shopping trip (got to drive it there and back :giggle: ).

The 110 is a little more noisier in the car but still not a problem, can still hear the radio at low volume and hold a conversation with swmbo (more listening than talking but whats new :o )

The SM feels more planted on the road with the extra weight of the 2lt and the hadex, will corner better than the 1.2 and that was good.

all in all i like both but think the 110 may come out on top when i can give it a good test.

regards Kevin

Hi Mike,

semi high-jack of your question to wakev but I prefer my new 110 to the previous 140 :yes: Struggling to tell the difference; only one long hill climb has given any indication of that slight bit less torque. Becoming more convinced there's nearer 130 horses under the bonnet not 110 :wonder:

Oh my best maxidot so far is 55.5mpg.

This morning going to work gave 48.3, coming home 51.2

Regards,

TP

Hi Tim

SWMBO had 58.9 on the maxidot this morning :o .

:wonder: what jock is getting out of his now its well run in he has not posted for a long time.

well keys hidden hope to have a play in it this weekend, needs a wash now i think a parsing eagle left a large deposit on the roof front to back and splattered the roof rail.

regards Kevin

Hi Tim

SWMBO had 58.9 on the maxidot this morning :o .

:wonder: what jock is getting out of his now its well run in he has not posted for a long time.

well keys hidden hope to have a play in it this weekend, needs a wash now i think a parsing eagle left a large deposit on the roof front to back and splattered the roof rail.

regards Kevin

Very impressive :)

Normal run to and from work is usually between 47 and 51 indicated, journey being approximately 37 miles involving a long progressive climb to the top of the Wolds and a fairly steep and quick decent in to the Vale of York and obviously the reverse going home. By comparison our Fabia 1.2TSI (85) can be between 44 and 50 on the same run.

Regards,

Tim.