Electric Folding Mirrors

Just picked up my new 2005 Superb Elegance whilst having a look round I twisted the control for the electric mirrors to fold which they did lovely :thumbup: went to fold out the mirrors and nothing :thumbdown: all other controls still work on mirror they just wont fold out :'(

I have done a search on here and only came up with one thread which said there is a circuit to do with them and left it sorts itself out???????????????

Is this so?

Or what am I doing wrong :dull:

thnaks folks

Just picked up my new 2005 Superb Elegance whilst having a look round I twisted the control for the electric mirrors to fold which they did lovely :thumbup: went to fold out the mirrors and nothing :thumbdown: all other controls still work on mirror they just wont fold out :'(

I have done a search on here and only came up with one thread which said there is a circuit to do with them and left it sorts itself out???????????????

Is this so?

Or what am I doing wrong :dull:

thnaks folks

Could well be the switch. I find mine gets a bit iffy if I dont use the car for a while (holidays etc). I usually find spinning it around a few times sorts it out.

Also, if the battery has been off they seem to go out of sync and stop working - Again, spinning the knob around a few times seems to sort them out.

I'm not sure if they are controlled through the convenience unit, but it's always worth double checking to make sure everything is dry on that front... Also if you hae just got the car, I would re-seal the pollen filter and check the bungs in the plenum - There's loads of info on this if you do a search for water leaks on here or any B5 passat forum (sorry if you are already aware of this problem)

Edited by VRSPhil

Sorted :thumbup:

Car had a iffy battery which garage supplied for me fitted it myself as I wanted to check under battery tray for those bung things.

Fitted battery deafened myself when alarm went off LOL started car about 10 seconds later mirrors gave off a clicking cracking sound and the mirrors closed and then opened again so fingers crossed B)