New vRS... ?

Still have not yet recived mine :p

Question is what state do they come from the factory... ( clean wise and protective layers ? )

Ive got a personal friend that is a great valet/detailer and has looked after my cars for years, but we are not sure how they car is going to come from the factory

The dealers all offer there full cleaning service for like £250, so i said no thanks when my guy does it for £100

But the dealer has said that it comes with plastic layers or bit and once removed it leaves a stick mess

Any one else not let the dealers touch their cars ?

I just let my dealer here in Sweden take care off my car , was no extra fee for it since it was regular control (i.e. bolts for wheels , checking oil-levels and all those things).

The car was delivered newly washed , felt amazing to jump into the car at the shop while everybody there was watching (and listening) :p!

Question is what state do they come from the factory... ( clean wise and protective layers ? )

Ive got a personal friend that is a great valet/detailer and has looked after my cars for years, but we are not sure how they car is going to come from the factory

The dealers all offer there full cleaning service for like £250, so i said no thanks when my guy does it for £100

But the dealer has said that it comes with plastic layers or bit and once removed it leaves a stick mess

You'd be surprised about the condition of new cars at delivery. A lot of owners of very expensive cars have them fully detailed including paint correction as soon as they come out of the dealer. I've seen a few instances where the quality of the paint finish isn't that great, and a light correction sorts it out. IIRC they all come coated in a protective wax, and whoever's prepping it can introduces scratches.

Depends how anal you are about it really. Obviously it's going to be "clean", but you might want extra stuff doing like internal plastics treatment, paint correction and some good quality wax on there.

Are you actually being serious?

Of course the car comes with protective film but the dealer will prep the car and have it cleaned to a high standard before you collect it. I appreciate the odd car will get damaged in transit as it will get driven by a number of different people to get it to the UK but its pretty rare and a completely different kettle of fish.

We picked ours up last week having seen it in its delivered state and by comparison it was immaculate, was caked in gull turd before hand which is unsurprising given its been sat at two ports and on a boat for the best part of a week.

By all means if you want to waste a ton getting an already mint car re-valeted upon collection thats up to you; personally cant see any mileage in it.

Are you actually being serious?

Of course the car comes with protective film but the dealer will prep the car and have it cleaned to a high standard before you collect it.

You'd be pretty shocked at the poor quality of car washing that goes on at many dealers.

Additionally, maybe they do give it a wax coat, but it'll be budget-buy bulk stuff they're using and lasts 5 minutes.

Without going over the top, prepping your car carefully when it first arrives will reap rewards for months to come. Taking the wheels off and sealing them is an obvious example of how much labour can be saved when it comes to weekly washes down the line.

You'd be pretty shocked at the poor quality of car washing that goes on at many dealers.

Additionally, maybe they do give it a wax coat, but it'll be budget-buy bulk stuff they're using and lasts 5 minutes.

Without going over the top, prepping your car carefully when it first arrives will reap rewards for months to come. Taking the wheels off and sealing them is an obvious example of how much labour can be saved when it comes to weekly washes down the line.

I'll be doing this the day I get it even though I'll be dying to drive it. Some may say I'm sad for doing it but it's looking after it and it saves so much time and effort in cleaning later

theres nothing wrong with taking pride in ur cars but ive had this mk1 for 7 years now, never done all the things you guys are doing and yet it still shines like a sh!thouse door

it gets a regular wash, sometimes a dry and maybe once a year a little polish and a clay at the bottoms of the doors and its as good as any ive seen. i think paints are a lot better these days than years ago which also might help

Wouldn't be paying extra for dealer to clean the car before I collected it -they should no that anyway. Considering how many thousands you are splashing out on a new motor I wouldn't settle for anything less that it being handed over 100% sparkling....!

Wouldn't be paying extra for dealer to clean the car before I collected it -they should no that anyway. Considering how many thousands you are splashing out on a new motor I wouldn't settle for anything less that it being handed over 100% sparkling....!

That's more like the up sell on AG Lifeshine that Skoda do, paint sealant and guarantee.

All seems a little pointless come first service and it gets washed with a flecking broom (shudder)