Octavia SDI O4 MK1

Talisman

Hi Guys. Any idea what interface type do I need. I need to cycle the ABS during a pressurised bleed - The drum brake/wheel cylinder popped, and she bled out overnight, so I definitely need to cycle the ABS.

Many Thanks.

ABS blake bleeding is a basic setting so you need to have a registered copy of the software. You can use VCDS Lite but it must be a registered copy.

Thanks for that:

I was under the impression that VCDS lite only permitted analysis and fault code interaction, not active measures such as ABS cycling - so thats great news.

Could you inform me, what exactly I need to buy and from where? Also, do I need a CAN Bus interface, or an earlier version due to it being an old o4 mk1 Octavia?

Many Thanks

Thanks for that:

I was under the impression that VCDS lite only permitted analysis and fault code interaction, not active measures such as ABS cycling - so thats great news.

Could you inform me, what exactly I need to buy and from where? Also, do I need a CAN Bus interface, or an earlier version due to it being an old o4 mk1 Octavia?

Many Thanks

see http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html

You can download VCDS-Lite from the ross-tech site.

You need to buy a cable such as http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VAGUSB.html as your car does not require a CAN interface.

When you have the software and lead working together in shareware mode, you can register the software for $99.