South Wales Charity Drive 7th August 2011

grumpy

Some of you might already know but my daughter runs an MSA & WAMC approved mixed car club which runs legal driving meets and events. She is running the annual South Wales Charity drive which starts at Magor and ends at Sarn. Everyone is invited no matter what car you drive as long as it is road legal etc. She has been running these events since 2007 and they are very well organised.. anyway here are the details...

Summer Wales Charity Drive - Sunday 7th August 2011

20100808_breconcharity.png

All persons partaking in this event must be registered with Rebel Motorsport Club under MSA regulations, and a minimum of £5 per car to be donated towards the Welsh Air Ambulance. (details will be posted up on their website. Letter of authority from The Wales Air Ambulance will be brought on the day)

Limited spaces available, only payment will secure your place and payment must be made pay prior to this event in order to purchase liablity insurance cover, and legal touring permit for this event Click here for payment details. All money raised for this event will go to the Wales Air Ambulance.

NOTE: if paying via paypal please add an extra £0.50 to cover paypals admin cost.

If you do not want to attend this event however would like to donate towards The Wales Air Ambulance then please feel free to do so all money will be donated to this very worthy cause.

As with all my driving events this is a registered legal driving event with an MSA touring permit

Drive around Brecon

200 miles

12 Stages

Meeting points

Start at Magor Services Jct 23A off M4 0930am

WalesRun2copy.jpg

Simlar format to last year. We will be finishing at Sarn Services and having a meal at the Harvester so those who may not want to attend the driving meet are more then welcome to join us for the meal please conact me for further details and again we ask you to make a donation to the Wales Air Ambulance.

safety_notice.png

The subject of safety... We will remind those attending that we do not condone/endorse racing and we fully expect attendees to be law-abiding and to drive responsibly. If you want to drive like an idiot and rag the nuts off your car then please take it elsewhere and leave the rest of us to enjoy the event!

Depending on the event it is quite possible we'll be attracting a lot of attention so please respect other road users and avoid excessive noise/speed in public and built-up areas. Also worth bearing in mind is the fact that there will potentially be lots of bikers, cyclists and horse-riders out sharing and enjoying the roads with us. You know the drill... be extra vigilant and keep checking your mirrors. Please keep it sensible.

breaker02.png

Authority from Wales Air Ambulance

Wales Air Ambulance site updated click here

Many thanks,

- Rebel Motorsport Club

msa_logo.gif

nice that money is going to your air ambulance, I'm an EMT working for the NWAS in Cumbria, and we work with the air ambulance all the time, we pay for the paramedics, but the helicopter is run on charity (I don't think it should be, same goes for the lifeboats) I rarely give to charity, but I do give to the air ambulance, it saves lives up here every week..... :thumbup:

nice that money is going to your air ambulance, I'm an EMT working for the NWAS in Cumbria, and we work with the air ambulance all the time, we pay for the paramedics, but the helicopter is run on charity (I don't think it should be, same goes for the lifeboats) I rarely give to charity, but I do give to the air ambulance, it saves lives up here every week..... :thumbup:

Thanks Sharkrider hopefully you can join us on the drive or for the meal afterwards at the Haverster at Sarn :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MSA Permit

Just to show this is a preper legal event for those who value their cars :wink:

MSABreconPermit1.jpg

I'm off to do a Euro Tour with Rebel Motorsport Club so will be away for a week but will be back if anyone has any questions etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply folks (this is Grumpy's daughter as Grumpy passed away on Friday :( )

The event is still on and a massive thank you to everyone who has donated we have raised £270 already and still have money coming in so thank you all

Not a problem was a good day, hope to be out on a drive with you lot again soon :thumbup:

excellent be great to see you again... we had more funds in and now the total is £500 so very happy with that :) cheque off to the Wales Air Ambulance and roll on the next event :)