Mossy's Progression Thread

Today I had to take a few pictures of my aunt's horses. And on the way back I thought as it is quiet a nice day I would pop around to a few favourite spots and take a few pictures of the car. I do warn the car is not exactly clean Dodo wax and the sun brings out the bugs!!! And then as well as that I thought I might as well pop up a progression thread as its going to be quiet a long journey to get her how I want her. In regards to current modifications there isnt anything shock and orrrrr, with a few choice modifications with larger ones coming shortly. and please dont tell me to slam it ether :p its not going to be slammed!

Ive had the car since October last year after trading in my mk2 Sport! To aquire one. My dad had a custard yellow fabia vRS and always wanted one but insurance would not allow. Am sure you can spot the modifications already done to her so feel free to comment, am notts/derby way so if you see me around give us a wave and a bit of horn :thumbup::rofl:

Should be going into the body shop next month for colour coded door handles, bump strips and my cupra splitter fitted :thumbup:

IMGP1215.jpg

IMGP1202.jpg

IMGP1214.jpg

IMGP1211.jpg

Ive also got a mk1 shedaxo VTR which will ether have a new engine or I may scrap it for an old mx5, not had a jap car yet, let alone a rear wheel drive one :)

IMGP0502.jpg

(By the way I didnt pick those wheels its how it came :giggle: )

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

• 2 months later...

Ok small update car is going into the bodyshop on the 26th of Aug, cupra splitter being fitted, painted fog light surrounds and colour coded door handles. May also get a mufflerectomy this month (May mean bye bye blueflame catback) and a few other small bis and bobs. Should be a good month. Will take some cracking photos once the work has been done for august. ROLL ON NEXT PAYDAY!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok car has come out of the body shop and im more than pleased with the results. They colour coded the door handles, painted the foglamps surounds in gloss black, fitted the leon cupra splitter and had a small tidy up. The results are....

IMGP1309.jpg

IMGP1311.jpg

IMGP1312.jpg

IMGP1318.jpg

IMGP1329.jpg

IMGP1327.jpg

IMGP1332.jpg

IMGP1328.jpg

Have also done a few minor changes. Old plates have been swopped over, Headlights De Tangoed, Citroen Stubby Ariel. Big brake kit will be next week and I cant wait. As always comments welcomed :thumbup:

It's amazing the difference painting the door handles has.

Have you noticed any difference in the light output with the headlamp protectors?

Cheers mate, I reckon the painted surrounds and the splitter make it look very diffrent. And no the headlamp protectors dont really change the pattern of the beam. But I do have diffrent bulbs than standard so couldnt tell otherwise :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Update!

The car has a fresh clean 12 Months MOT :rofl: (No advisorys at all!!!)

Also been serviced at well so tip top ready for another years worth of modifications.

Intrestingly as well the company I took the car to (Sport Tech) found that the car was running a Revo Remap :D very much news to me I was always happy with how the car drove. Guess its one thing to pop on the siggy! Im not sure if you can plug companys But great service from the guys mentioned above. They did it all at a fantastic price, there very local to me as well which helps. Plus a free courtesy car! ;) Im not associated with the company just wanted to share my thoughts!

AND!!!!

IMGP1333.jpg

Am sure some of the regulars might hazard a guess what delivery came from Awesome :rofl: Just thinking wether to pop this on once the uprated suspension has been popped on the car, and then throw this onto the car.

AND!!!!

KGrHqUOKpoE5HcwBOfiO7oWg60_12.jpg

Got these on order, as my pedal is starting to feel a bit squishy, ive got around 30% meat left on my pads. So decided to go for the good old 312mm VAG upgrade. Going to get the calipers sprayed in nice shiny gloss black from a fantastic local bodyshop.

Also forgot. Done a few little bits and bobs to, metal footrest and changed all the bulbs in the car. Included the interior bulbs to nice crisp white ones. I must say my favourite is the rear plates there ever so bright haha

Really looking forward to some future plans for her. I will share my thoughts on the upgraded brakes once there fitted from the above mentioned company to lol :p

Oh, they're Quarry Hill? Practically round the corner from me now then, pretty sure they used to be on Manners estate up where the Royal Mail depot is in Ilkeston.

Nah spoke to james he said they have been there just over 5 years, its been running under new managment though, as before the service was far from excellent. Now there alot of people cant say a bad word against them :thumbup: