Creak then clunk

Now before anyone says it's not the console bushes or anti roll bar bushes as they have all been polybushed.

Iv got a slight creaking then a clunk coming from what sounds like a gearbox mount... The creaking sounds to be coming from when I let the clutch out in 1st or 2nd gear then the clunk happens when I put my foot down after. Has anyone had this before and was it the gearbox mount or dogbone mount?

Cheapest to replace is the dogbone mount....usually when it wears there is more "shunt" and the gear change feels longer!! Gearbox mount rarely fails...and is expensive and difficult to do....process of elimination!!

See my post for uprated dogbone mount.......best for diesels as others will transmit to much NVH.. B)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/199125-superpro-rear-bush-for-lower-rear-engine-mount/