michelin tyres

Thats my 08 vrs disel done 28000 mls and going to need tyres very soon. the car is fitted with michelins though i cant complain about grip, the tyre noise is bad, but then they have lasted a long time. i was thinking of getting fulda Carat Exelero tyres. does any peeps have them fitted or know about them. any tyre that i go for must have a proper rim protector on it like the michelin.

Edited by meta55

Mine has Michelin Sport PS3 - nice drive and no undue road noise. These cars are not best in terms of road noise supression anyway,a complaint which applies to all VW group cars, Audis Seats etc which use this chassis. Your old tyres may have developed the all too common saw tooth wear which adds a nice drone. At 28000 miles your present tyres may have lasted a long time but there is a view now considered that tyres are past their best at about 3.00 mm tread depth long before they reach the current legal limit which will exaggerate road noise too. When you chose new tyres get alignment checked properly as incorrect camber and alignment can cause exaggerated road noise as well as damaging your new tyres.... ps if they tell you that they cannot adjust rear camber go somewhere else :-)

Edited by hugothebear