My autotest felicia 8v -> 16v

IMS

Hmm Very intresting, this looks like a potential route for the Rally car. nice 40BHP jump and as the Cars Homologation papers run out next year anyway have decided not to apply for a set of papers. How much fettling have you had to do on the wiring looms if you dont mind me asking and what Ecu are you now running it on, VW or the Felly one? I was starting to look at Ford 1.4 16v lumps and Boxes as there coming in as a combined unit at £125-170 and theres lots tuning parts available for them and Vauxhall lumps. but 100Bhp straight off could make us very competitive......

Look forward to seeing your results!

Phil C.

I'm running the polos ecu on the 1600 felly loom, by using the felly 1600 mpi parts fitting ones relatively easy. Although my problem on the grass autosolo tonight was it broke traction much much easier!

Cars now fully finished and running and entered its first autosolo since the transplant by eck it shifts! Problem being I now break traction a little too easy... Pics and vids if I can get them off my mates mrs

Ill get them up as soon as I can ill put some pics up in an hour when I get in the office.

Just started putting a load of my rear engined goodies up for sale so I can call custom cages unless anyone knows any second hand or unused ones.

Also we have progress on the suspension front more on that when they arrive :)

linkpipe.jpg

Got a link pipe made at a local custom exhaust place for £30 as i couldnt use a reducer as i was sans cat

newwheel.jpg

I added a new wheel as the old one wasnt great for whipping around and i got the wheel for £20 NOS and a boss for 8quid off another forum i go on... just seats and straps to fit.....

slimfan.jpg

Fitted a slimline fan as mine was close to the manifold and passed its sell by date

valverfinished.jpg

Finally got an airbox and got it all finished off

Took it out on an autosolo last night came 8th wooop not bad against some scoobys and rally prepped micras etc

On the last test for the fun of it we did a maltese cross in true me style i refused to lift and understeered till it did this lmao

neverlift.jpg

pulled the tyre off the wheel midprofile for the lose

Yeah, you don't have to weld the plates in that the cage is bolted to, you just use counterplates of the appropriate areas and thicknesses (which are specified in the blue book), although usually people weld them to the car and bolt through them anyway - certainly most bolt in cages come like that, but it's possible not to do that if you wanted to make it removable for whatever reason. The cage can also have some bolted joints on it as well, although some scruts seem to think otherwise.

Djaychela - what cage do you run in yours as I'm about 3/400quid into saving for a custom cages in kit form as I've no problems installing it myself.

I've got a Custom Cages international spec one, which I fitted myself. It was hard work - I bought it unprofiled, and did all the ends myself, and I'm glad I did as I've heard a number of horror stories about CC's less-popular cages. I had a number of "Oh crap" moments with the cage, mostly because of missing parts and that there was NO diagram with the cage; after a number of phone calls the line was basically "well, we built some in 1996 and that was that". Fortunately James (fruitbat) had a CC-caged car at the time and very kindly took lots of pics which helped me out no end, and I did a great job in the end (I think!) - welding was spot on, tube fit too, and I'm very happy with it. But it would have been a lot harder without James' photos!

On the upside, it's a great cage, and you DON'T need to cut holes in the floor/sills to get the cage low enough to weld the tops of the top tubes properly - you can ratchet-strap the legs together to get them between the sills and drop it down. If you have a later (RB) shell (which I think yours is) then you will need to reprofile the bottoms of the front main cage legs as the inner sills are at an angle rather than parallel to the floor, but that's a piece of cake.

The difference it makes to the shell's rigidity is night and day - the car handled completely differently to the previous one which had the same suspension on. (exactly the same units, not just the same model!)

On the last test for the fun of it we did a maltese cross in true me style i refused to lift and understeered till it did this lmao

What is a maltese cross in terms of autocross? :)

I've got a Custom Cages international spec one, which I fitted myself. It was hard work - I bought it unprofiled, and did all the ends myself, and I'm glad I did as I've heard a number of horror stories about CC's less-popular cages. I had a number of "Oh crap" moments with the cage, mostly because of missing parts and that there was NO diagram with the cage; after a number of phone calls the line was basically "well, we built some in 1996 and that was that". Fortunately James (fruitbat) had a CC-caged car at the time and very kindly took lots of pics which helped me out no end, and I did a great job in the end (I think!) - welding was spot on, tube fit too, and I'm very happy with it. But it would have been a lot harder without James' photos!

On the upside, it's a great cage, and you DON'T need to cut holes in the floor/sills to get the cage low enough to weld the tops of the top tubes properly - you can ratchet-strap the legs together to get them between the sills and drop it down. If you have a later (RB) shell (which I think yours is) then you will need to reprofile the bottoms of the front main cage legs as the inner sills are at an angle rather than parallel to the floor, but that's a piece of cake.

The difference it makes to the shell's rigidity is night and day - the car handled completely differently to the previous one which had the same suspension on. (exactly the same units, not just the same model!)

What suspension do you run mate? Im sure ive clocked seperate resevoir dampers at some point?

Sounds relatively easy, i do indeed have the later style shell. Its definately the next step once the hp's are on.

What suspension do you run mate? Im sure ive clocked seperate resevoir dampers at some point?

Sounds relatively easy, i do indeed have the later style shell. Its definately the next step once the hp's are on.

I've got Proflex on there, hence the remote canisters. I had HPs on my Favorit and first Felicia, followed by Bilstein (which I still have as spares), but the Proflex is awesome - they transformed the car completely, but then at over £4000 for a set they should do (I didn't pay this, I got them in a job lot of stuff, but they needed rebuilding completely which still cost £1300). Having used proper stuff, I don't think I'd ever go back...

http://www.proflexuk.com/

As for the cage, if you need any pics of anywhere, let me know and I'll take 'em. Getting the holes in the front bulkhead accurate was the biggest headache, although I did them pretty well, rather than cut out a massive hole and then patch them up which some people do!

STB i dont think my budget will ever go that far, HPs will have to do me.

Cheers for the pics offers mate once i have the funds ill be ordering one probably in the next month or so dependant on work.

STB i dont think my budget will ever go that far, HPs will have to do me.

Cheers for the pics offers mate once i have the funds ill be ordering one probably in the next month or so dependant on work.

want some HP's as well. where u got urs?

linkpipe.jpg

as for this pic.. what size piping? Im running 2.25 inches

I've aqquired my hp's second hand mate.

Car runs the polo 50mm downpipe link pipe is 50mm swaged down to join the factory 42mm system which will be replaced at some point with a stainless single box system