First Week of Ownership

Silly Old Hector

After picking the car up on a very wet Saturday last week, I have been away on business in Italy most of the week. Despite this, I have still had time to get to know the car a bit.

The week so far:

- Bought new Thule Aero roofrack & 4x bike carriers (not yet fitted - a job for this afternoon)

- Car jet washed at garage to get rid of birdy crap - still shows up on white :dull:

- Tried Off-Road button in wet field when picking up eldest daughter from her first guide camp - big challenge that Yeti just managed to meet :rofl:

- Took SWMBO away for our wedding anniversary - parking "Candy" (newly christened by SWMBO) outside posh country house hotel - looked part of the furniture :thumbup: - 50mpg on the way home

- First full wash/polish/wax of Candy, with help from my dad, in 2hrs - looks B) . Needed to use step to wax the roof :giggle: . Leather seats protected with Autoglym (nice smell) - forgot to buff out the excess, so complaints from passengers :p

- Fitted rubber boot liner (an odd fit with spare wheel floor) and black sill covers - nice

- Got to know the MFD menu options and paired both our phones and managed to use BT-Audio for the first time

- Everyone we've met giving great feedback on the look of the car and big thumbs up from all the kids that we've taxi'd round this week.

- Very comfy to drive - suspension, brakes, hill-hold make it all fun

- ignoring gear-change light until run in (changing up at 1500rpm :dull: )

- Hasn't stopped raining all week - car gets dirty quickly (just like black :o ).

Great first 7 days ! Here's to many more.

Ignore the gear change light- it has learning difficulties. It tried to tell me today that 6th was a good idea at 1700 rpm in 5th up a long incline which would have just laboured the engine