Claim information not shown on Statement of Fact

GnatG

Wondering if someone can help. I've got the car insurance up for renewal later this month. Did the meerkat thing, found a competitive quote and purchased it. Received the paperwork through the post, and on the "statement of fact" it does not show a non-fault claim made during the previous 3 years which was entered into meerkat (and shows on the insurers own quote system as well). I decided to ring them up before the policy takes effect - they mentioned that this would have to be a "late disclosure" and they cannot enter the information until the policy starts. I'm concerned that they "may" whack the premium up once they've got my business...any thoughts?

If its a.budget insurer, I've heard others say similar.

Either they hope you'll forget so they have a get-out in event of a fault claim, or bait and switch you with a low price which will change when the claim is added.

There is no reason they can't sort it before the.policy starts as you're correcting an error as required to do. Point this out and threaten to walk.

If its a.budget insurer, I've heard others say similar.

Either they hope you'll forget so they have a get-out in event of a fault claim, or bait and switch you with a low price which will change when the claim is added.

Thanks for that. There is no reason they can't sort it before the.policy starts as you're correcting an error as required to do. Point this out and threaten to walk.

Cheers, that's exactly what I'm planning to do - contract null and void according to them if the statement of fact is not correct. I'm just trying to do my legal part by telling them! IMHO some insurance (and other) companies think that contract law is a one way street.

If they have it on their system but it is not on the paperwork I would have thought you hsould be OK as they can't say you didn't tell them.

I've printed everything off just in case...

Decided to give them the :finger:. Hope the refund comes through correctly - have informed my card company just in case. :smirk: Another thing that got me annoyed was on checking the Certificate, the start time was 00:01 on the 18th (which was fine) but expiry time was 23:58 on the 17th. I'm under the impression that this would mean losing a day's premium come renewal time. Existing insurer has it down for 366 days (18th to 18th) which I believe is the norm with most insurers. Renewed with my existing insurer, and they dropped the renewal premium by £30 so relatively happy with that. :) Cheers for your help! :thumbup: