LPG on Superb TDi?

Hello all

Has anyone had LPG fitted to a PD engined car?

Just looking for opinions on it really... Risks etc?

Thanks in advance!

Edit - Cancel that idea... I can only find a couple of companies doing it on diesels and the price/work required is huge.

Edited by VRSPhil

Hello all

Thanks in advance!

Edit - Cancel that idea... I can only find a couple of companies doing it on diesels and the price/work required is huge.

Hello all

Thanks in advance!

LPG as a fuel is economicaly dead. I had a 1.6 Octavia converted in 2000. cost just £250 with a government powershift grant of £1200. The price of LPG is lower but the cost of conversion, reduced fuel consumption (I got low 20's urban)and extra miles travelling to find a LPG pump is just not worth it. LPG needs to be below half price of petrol to make a saving and average prices currently 75p.

I traded my car in for the Superb TDI in Feb 2009 and it was just the right time. The decline of LPG pumps and cars in the uk is rapid. The bubble has burst! Oh and LPG produces lower torque, towing my trailer tent was a real pain, the thing would not pull a skin off a rice pudding. I have to check my mirrors now to see if the caravan is still on the back!