07 PLATE SUPERB SHOCK REPLACEMENT

hi Guys

just wondered if anyone has changed these out themselves (rear shocks), is it a easy enough job to to do, is there anything to watch out for, example usual rusty bolts/ mountings, any advise on how to do best, or ways of avoiding any pitfalls :)

is it a matter of loosening a few bolts, jacking up suspention to relieve the pressure on shock and changing out shocks . do i need new locknuts? and what shocks are best to replace with... was gonna stick with Monroe

best regards

Michael

Edited by MICKEYMAC

hi Guys

just wondered if anyone has changed these out themselves (rear shocks), is it a easy enough job to to do, is there anything to watch out for, example usual rusty bolts/ mountings, any advise on how to do best, or ways of avoiding any pitfalls :)

is it a matter of loosening a few bolts, jacking up suspention to relieve the pressure on shock and changing out shocks . do i need new locknuts? and what shocks are best to replace with... was gonna stick with Monroe

best regards

Michael

It's one of the handier jobs to - Jack up remove wheel, --- Two studs up top and one bolt on bottom (oil and clean the threads on the bolt) then remove the unit next undo the nut from the shock replace same and straight back in no special tools required just 13mm socket and 17mm socket best use deep spanner to undo nut on the shock and an 8mm to hold the strut -- Just replace mine after 150k miles took less than an hour to do the job put in KYB gas must say i'm impressed with them,and I would have always used Monroe in the past before you purchase check the rubber bump stops if the are perished do replace them they are about £20 for the set