FL Seats better than non-FL seats?

Hi all,

I currently own a 2005 Ambiente, and I am thinking of getting a newer car now my current car is nearing 100k.

I'm thinking of sticking with an Octavia as it does everything I want and need, my only gripe though other than road noise is the seats.

The lack of lumbar adjustment the main sticking point, as on long journeys they give me a bad back.

So does anyone know if Skoda improved the seats in the FL Octy? Also in addition has road noise been subdued a little too?

Cheers

Craig

Edited by iCraig

As far as I can se the seats in the VRS have not changed with the FL (other than the option for full leather). Hence I suspect this will be across the range since the FL was more of a outside cosmetic thing than anything else (although there are some new engines etc).

I've found the seats on my FL Elegance significantly more comfortable than on our pre-FL Scout. I can't drive for more than about 2 hours without getting chronic back pain in the Scout but in the new car I have no problems at all - it is one of the most comfortable cars I've driven. Now whether or not this is a pre-FL vs FL thing or due to the Scout having different seats(??) than the Elegance I don't know, but I would certainly be interested in sitting in a FL Scout to see if they are any better.

Hi there,

Just taken delivery of a new Octavia Scout and find the seats really comfortable (standard lumber support) and the car is a chunk quieter than the Yeti I just sold (this may just be due to being new and having different tyres fitted, Dunlops instead of Pirellis).

See if you can get an extended test drive in a new one and see for yourself.

Might depend which model you're looking to get? My standard pre-FL Elegance seats have lumbar support, for example. Overall they're fine but I don't find them quite as comfortable, or supportive, as my old Mk2 vRS. Suppose that had 'sportier' seats, with better, and larger, bolster support.

So I'm still on the lookout for some better seats to fit to mine :)