Crackle free medium wave ! on the Felicia.

Have read numerous advice concerning better medium wave reception on the Felicia, have owned the 1.3mpi and the 1.6

and both display the same annoying crackle unless you take your foot off the gas !.

Advice given indicates the problem as bad earth at base of antenna, so on my Felicia 1.6 estate I whipped off the plastic to give access to the antenna behind the rooflining (quite easy) and loosened nut (17mm) on antenna, re-tightened but a little too much as a result a lot of white crumbly powder could be dislodged from the plastic base

of antenna, I am guessing this white crumbly stuff was previously some kind of aluminium cover within antenna assembly.

Moving on I cleaned out this white crumbly stuff and reassembled, but filled base of antenna with epoxy filler

left to set, re-tightened and bingo no interference on medium wave, and vhf.

medium wave also known as MW it's gets you other radio stations that FM doesn't pick up.... i think it's mainly for people that want to listen to french Radio.

:-)