Contents insurance for a new build flat

GnatG

Hello All. Some family members have moved into a rented new build flat but are having issues getting contents insurance. It's a secure flat with 24hr security guards, cctv, alarm etc but when entering the post code for on-line quotes it only comes up with the address for a school opposite the building! When manually entering the address, it says not recognised. They informed the insurer for their old propery about the move (who also couldn't identify this as an appartment block!), but were told the area is a high flood-risk so could not insure for contents (it's a 3rd floor flat so no risk of flooding IMO). Any ideas from those in the know what they can do about this? Cheers.

Hello All. Some family members have moved into a rented new build flat but are having issues getting contents insurance. It's a secure flat with 24hr security guards, cctv, alarm etc but when entering the post code for on-line quotes it only comes up with the address for a school opposite the building! When manually entering the address, it says not recognised. They informed the insurer for their old propery about the move (who also couldn't identify this as an appartment block!), but were told the area is a high flood-risk so could not insure for contents (it's a 3rd floor flat so no risk of flooding IMO). Any ideas from those in the know what they can do about this? Cheers.

Ring them directly to discuss - If it's a new build the postcode should have been registered with the Post Office.

^ Hope this helps.

Ring them directly to discuss - If it's a new build the postcode should have been registered with the Post Office.

^ Hope this helps.

Cheers, got the correct address from the Post Office. Now the yearly premiums are showing a more realistic figure from £700 to £100! :rofl: Will probably be less when they ring up as the place is under pretty tight lock and key.

Cheers, got the correct address from the Post Office. Now the yearly premiums are showing a more realistic figure from £700 to £100! :rofl: Will probably be less when they ring up as the place is under pretty tight lock and key.

It's worthwhile listing all the security features as it will lower the premiums. I'm glad it was registered with the Post Office. If you have anymore questions - Please do say and I will be happy to give my advice.

It's worthwhile listing all the security features as it will lower the premiums. I'm glad it was registered with the Post Office. If you have anymore questions - Please do say and I will be happy to give my advice.

Thanks! :thumbup: We'll give the insurers a call at the weekend to see if they can bump the premium down a bit! Interesting thing is, any contents value upto £70k and the premium stayed the same.