VDS Pro and Serial Cable?

Phil-E

Hey folks.

Just wondering if anyone has VDS pro and a serial cable? It's the version that runs in Dos.

Wanting to program the roll windows up/down with remote and can only be done with VDS pro and a true serial cable (no usb to serial adapters).

I can buy a module for £40 that does the programming for you but it blocks any future access to the central convienience module!

Thanks

Phil

Yeah, don't go the KVW100 route Phil. Also not guaranteed to work anyway, depending on your convenience module. And the only way to really know with it is to try it....

Don't know anyone off-hand who has a VCDS serial cable I'm afraid. You could check the Member's Map thread and see if there's a serial person mentioned?

Yeh. I need to check actually which module. There is a little bit on this on Seat cupra forum. They can be identified by the connectors on it. There are two types. One of which doesn't work.

Just been down to check and I think mine is the better one. It supports cruise control etc unlike the other type.

Ordered a serial cable now anyway... just need to try and find an old laptop with a serial port around the house that isn't completely dismantled!

I really don't approve of spending £40 on a use-once piece of kit that also completley removed future access to change anything else! Apparantly this is done so that people can't access the module again and read the coding from it for the windows.

I would have to be extra careful too... there's no "Are you sure" messages in DOS! lol

Got a few serial port laptops around Phil, but probably not worth getting one over to you!

Did you say you're sometimes over this way, visiting? Could be sorted then, along with your Seat bits - once I've dug them out :)

Hi.

Thanks. I have come across that before but don't think it works on my car unfortunately!

My serial cable arrived today anyway.

And yes I may be in the area next month some time so that could be a possibility!

Thanks

Phil

Edited by philje123

• 2 weeks later...

I realised the other day that Sven's laptop (that he rarely uses these days) has a serial port on it!

It's not a bad laptop either. An Intel centrino with 1gb ram and about 3 hours battery.

So burnt a vds pro boot disc and had my windows going down/up with the remote within about 5 mins.

If anyone else wants it doing I am more than happy to help.

Have all the different codings for the different ccm's too!

Phil