twin cup holder

You can remove the 2 din tray under the stereo unit and drop the stereo down, so that you can install a twin cup holder and single din tray from a Seat Arosa which does not interfere with the gear changes. I bought this part brand new from Peter Stockill in Hull for only £29 and with a little bit of alteration to the external plastic mounts, it fits really well. Will post pics soon

Got one in mine, but I haven't got round to modifying it to clear the gear lever yet as it is still in the slot vacated by the pocket.

I assume this means that you have fitted it above the head unit?

It's quite easy, you need to remove the tabs at the top front corners, remove all the top plastic strips, then round off the bottom brace brackets, and hey presto.

I have now modified mine to fit above the stereo too. However, my alterations went a little further than yours. In order to make everything sit flush with the surrounding trim I also cut a bit off the bottom of the front of each holder so that they did not foul on the top of the stereo.

I have now modified mine to fit above the stereo too. However, my alterations went a little further than yours. In order to make everything sit flush with the surrounding trim I also cut a bit off the bottom of the front of each holder so that they did not foul on the top of the stereo.

Don't suppose you took pics? lol

How do you operate the stereo if the cupholder is holding cups?

There's always one isn't there? :rofl:

I hadn't thought about that, but you can either put your hand under the holder and operate it by touch or you could just remove your cup and close the holder if you really desperately need to change the radio channel before you finish your cup of tea.

There's always one isn't there? :rofl:

I hadn't thought about that, but you can either put your hand under the holder and operate it by touch or you could just remove your cup and close the holder if you really desperately need to change the radio channel before you finish your cup of tea.

And if you're wondering how you can hold your tea and operate the radio and drive at the same time, you've forgotten the original cup holder by the handbrake :dull::D