Spark plugs

Could someone help me out and give me an idiots guide to replacing the Spark Plugs on my Octy 1.8T 4X4. I have NGK Laser Platinum PFR7Q. As far as I recall they are gapped correctly?

Thanks

Remove plastic cover

Unplug all the coil packs remove pack 1

Remove spark plug

Check spark gap

Replace spark plug to correct torque setting

Re-plug on coil pack

Remove coil pack 2 etc etc.

Replace plastic cover.

Broom broom

Could someone help me out and give me an idiots guide to replacing the Spark Plugs on my Octy 1.8T 4X4. I have NGK Laser Platinum PFR7Q. As far as I recall they are gapped correctly?

Thanks

PFR6Q is the OE plug

tbh i wouldn't bother checking the existing plugs - just replace them

The correct electrode gap for your engine, using the NGK PFR 6Q plugs, is 0.7mm (not 0.8mm).

A can of compressed air is useful for blowing any debris out from around the plugs before removing them. Preventing any dirt from getting in the chamber or on the threads.

The NGK official video's are very good if you want a how-to guide: http://www.youtube.com/user/ngksparkplugsusa#p/u/16/M3myx2trNUo

You should always at least check the gap on new spark plugs. The amount of people that have handled them, you only need drop one lightly and the gap will close up slightly. Better to be safe than have to pull them all out 2nd time round.

Hope this helps

Regards Dave