1.4TSI hesitancy accelerating

I have a 1.4TSI hatch and I've just start noticing, over the last few weeks, it being rather hesitant when accelerating up through the gears. It seems to be between 2000-3000rpm when in 3rd, 4th or 5th where I'm not getting a smooth acceleration anymore, instead it is almost jerky. I've always noticed 3rd being a bit jerky from low speeds, but now I'm getting it in the other gears as well. I wondered if it could be caused by me putting supermarket fuel in it (I had one of those 10p off per litre vouchers for Sainsbury's a few weeks back) whereas I've tended to use Jet or Shell in the past, as it has been happening since around about the same time. However I have since put some Shell petrol in and I'm still noticing the problem. I have also topped up the oil as that was getting a little low, but nowhere near running out. Any other suggestions, or is this a common problem?

Cheers.

I did wonder if I had a problem with the turbo as there have been times when I've floored the throttle in 4th gear and not really felt much acceleration, almost as though I was driving a normally aspirated 1.4. Might be a trip to the dealers then :(