So it's goodnight from me, and it's Goodnight from him!

After 6 months of waiting for my Superb :wait:, nearly 5 months of driving it :rock:, 7k miles, 2 warranty claims :doh: and lots of love for this car :love:, I'm having to give it back to the lease company emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Leaving the company I have worked at for 17 years and 7 months is a wrench, but giving back my Superb is going to be the hardest thing out of all of it.

FYI, the 2 warranty claims were for;

1. Faulty MDI unit giving really bad sound from the iPod or iPhone connected to it.
  2. The electronic boot struts failing and then bending in half as I had to force the boot closed. Don't do that as it's a £600 parts price + VAT and labour.

I've tried everything to get one second hand local and with reasonable (e.g. non minicab mileage on it) and a price I can afford. Sadly it was not to be so I've ended up with a Ford Mondullo :(. But as least I can start building up my no claims bonus and saving for another Superb.

So it's Goodnight from me, for the time being. Thanks for all your advice and help along the way I've really appreciated this forum and the friendliness of everyone here. You are all too B)!

Sorry to hear you leaving the club. I'm looking for a car for work as the mileage I do is getting to be unreasonable in a transit connect and I'm 6ft5. I ask the boss to see if he can lease me a car and ideally I like a superb estate. Said he think about. Applied for a job within the elec board who we contract to and it be the same job i be doing at the moment and it will be on my door step. Don't want to leave my job as I love it but I just can't do the mileage in the van anymore. So just have to see what's put on the table. Alot of the board engineers have the superb and I was well impressed with them. Tried a merc yesterday. Was ok but no cupholder lol. Well all the best in your job. The Mondeo is a great car but not as refined as the superb