Amp Install Fabia vRS Mark I

Hi everyone. I've decided to add an active sub box to my current setup, but have a question.

I swapped out the Symphony head unit for a Pioneer unit a few years ago, and remember using the remote wire to power the aerial booster (I think that's right, but please correct me if I'm wrong) as without it I was unable to pick up any radio reception whatsoever. From what I've read on the net, I will need this wire to power the amp so it is not "always on" to avoid draining my battery, so how do I power both? I'm great at following instructions, but not very knowledgeable when it comes to electrics, so I'm hoping someone can help me here with what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

:)

Just wire both up to the wire on the stereo. The current drain of the amp remote switch on will be so low it will hardly add anything to the drain of the aerial booster. I did this and all is okay. In fact my Pioneer stereo has a bullet and a spade connector on the blue wire. I have the aerial in the bullet, and the amp in the spade.

Oh and to get the RCA's plugged in the back and the stereo back in, you may need to cut the bar thing at the back. It is easy enough to do this with some side cutting pliers.

Thanks so much for replying anewman, I really appreciate it. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to automotive electrics, so wasn't sure if I'd simply be able to splice the wire and power both the booster and the amp from the same stereo connection or whether I'd have to sacrifice one for the other. I guess I would have been better off having the two wires your Pioneer head unit has, but alas it's likely my stereo is a "lower" model.

I still remember what a tight fit the stereo was without the RCA's, so not looking forward to pulling it back out and trying to add those into the mix. I'd heard of people cutting away the plastic bar behind the stereo to get everything in, but thankfully avoided this the last time. I guess it's unlikely this will still be possible with the addition of even more cables.

Thanks again!