ipad connectivity to Fiscon basic plus

I'm trying to get my ipad v1 to work wih audio streaming to my Fiscon Basic Plus. we want to put the kids videos through the rear speakers in the car.

I can pair via bluetooth, the ipad knows that Kufatec audio output as opposed to ipad audio outout is set. However we get no sound. I do exactly the same with my iphone 4 and i get audio coming out the speakers. I try the same with an ipad V2 but that doesn't work either.

Googling indicates that i need to have A2DP for the fiscon which it does and for the ipads which I do.

I've reset the Fiscon, reset the ipads, redone the pairing connection, turned the music from the Kufatec connection, back to ipad and back again, all to no avail.

Has anybody managed to get streaming audio from an ipad. All the ipads and iphones are at the latest versions of ios.

any ideas welcomed.

Rob

I'm running the very latest version of iOS 4.3.5 on phone and both iPads.

The fiscon unit version level is unknown as there's no indication on the display. It just turns on and is accessible from the Bolero. I'm sure there's a button sequence for printing version information, but it doesn't appear in any normal screen.

This is odd as the iPhone is so similar to the iPad.

Rob

Rob

I'm running the very latest version of iOS 4.3.5 on phone and both iPads.

The fiscon unit version level is unknown as there's no indication on the display. It just turns on and is accessible from the Bolero. I'm sure there's a button sequence for printing version information, but it doesn't appear in any normal screen.

This is odd as the iPhone is so similar to the iPad.

Rob

Rob

Do you have maxidot? If so you can find out the Fiscon version in there.

Fiscon changed the hardware at some point so the firmware upgrade you (may) need depends on the hardware version you've got...

The Fiscon is not connected into the Maxidot display so I can't see the version number.

The hardware unit is the later of the two units, http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1182_c315_FISCON-Bluetooth-Handsfree----Basic-Plus----VW--Skoda.html

I can't upgrade the firmware as it requires me to set the unit into a certain mode which requires a different stalk or controls on the steering console. I did look at doimg that but the instructions needed the unit to be set up for receiving the firmware upgrade and it's impossible to do with my Octavia.

I recall that the unit was pretty up to date from the sticker on the unit though. However since my phone 4 streams music correctly to the Fiscon, I would have hoped that the Ipad v1 and v2 would 'simply work' as well.

If there is an easy way to upgrade the firmware without pulling the unit out, then I'd be happy to try.

Thanks,

Rob