Got me a greenline.

Macker

Hi Folks,

just a quick note to let you all know that I finally got me a greenline elegance estate in mocha. Its sublime.

Everything about it is awesome, the leather trim, the interface, the colour ( which to be honest I had changed from steel grey to mocha and then had second thoughts, needed have worried, the clour really suits the car and makes it look even more sophisticated....and also its not another big silver car).

I was worried about the 1.6 engine on such a big car, again I had no need to worry, its a phenomenal engine. It pulls away fine from a standstill and to be honest its a up to the same speed as everyone else on the motorway in no time without having to rev the bejaysus out of it. On the back roads it floats along and acceleration is there when you need it. I would love to see what the 170 bhp is like.

Ok, one or two bad things -

The controls on the steering wheel are easily moved when turning the wheel, pain in the bum, one minute listening to my favourite tune the next listening to something which is not my favourite.

At night there are two little LEDS that light up the handbrake nice touch but not when you need to have complete blackout in the car. ( or can you turn them off)

I have only had the car for two days but will give an update next week or so .

cheers,

macker.

Hi and welcome to the world of Superb motoring...!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to turn off the night-lights. I know what you mean about driving in total darkness... I came from a Saab 93 and at the push of a button I could turn just about everything off on the dash, heater controls and display, radio display, upper dash display and (get this) rev counter, fuel and temperature gauge illumination (even the gauges reset to zero).

Mind you, the Superb thrashes the 93 in just about every other aspect :D

So, sit back and relax... you'll soon get used the the subtle illumination (and the steering wheel controls :lol:)

Agree the 1.6CR engine is a peach and certainly doesnt feel underpowered in the Superb. I dont have Greenline, so miss out on energy recoup, stop start etc. I have now had the car for just over 4 months, have done 8000 miles and the car has never missed a beat.

It replaced a 2l Avensis T3X diesel estate. The Superb doesnt feel any slower, although it rewards a smooth driving style with a very nice ride. My display constantly shows 54-56mpg, and by Brim to Brim I have averaged 52.5 MPG over the 8k miles, This compares over the same mix of roads with indicated 44mpg for Avensis, and real world 40.

Cat vision is something you will get used to and I now dont find it a distraction.