Deposit paid today.10 day waiting time!

snowplay

Well my Touran TDi went to it's new family this morning and I put the deposit down on our next family wagon: a Yeti 1.2 DSG Ambition in Candy White.

We are in Cyprus and the delivery time is only 10 days for this car as was already built and on it's way. Pretty different to the quoted march next year delivery schedule for the very similar SE model from a UK dealer.

The Ambition model is almost the same spec as the SE but with some differences here, such as rough road package and spare wheel are standard, along with a 5 year manufacturers warranty, which pretty much clinched the deal! On year 2 and a half, my Touran's ABS pump failed (30,000 miles!) costing over 2500 euros to replace. Not sure how reliable the DSG will prove to be, so this is complete peace of mind.

Would love to know if I can easily fit the cruise control to this car as it doesn't come on this model (I think it is on the SE?). The steering wheel on our car will be a 3 spoke MFSW with maxi dot display with controls on left and righ sides. I read somewhere here that it is expensive on MY11 cars as it is missing something. Any knowledge would be useful. The dealers / service centre didn't know as they haven't done one (yet).

Looking forward to being a proper member here soon!

Cheers.

Snowplay

Well my Touran TDi went to it's new family this morning and I put the deposit down on our next family wagon: a Yeti 1.2 DSG Ambition in Candy White.

We are in Cyprus and the delivery time is only 10 days for this car as was already built and on it's way. Pretty different to the quoted march next year delivery schedule for the very similar SE model from a UK dealer.

The Ambition model is almost the same spec as the SE but with some differences here, such as rough road package and spare wheel are standard, along with a 5 year manufacturers warranty, which pretty much clinched the deal! On year 2 and a half, my Touran's ABS pump failed (30,000 miles!) costing over 2500 euros to replace. Not sure how reliable the DSG will prove to be, so this is complete peace of mind.

Would love to know if I can easily fit the cruise control to this car as it doesn't come on this model (I think it is on the SE?). The steering wheel on our car will be a 3 spoke MFSW with maxi dot display with controls on left and righ sides. I read somewhere here that it is expensive on MY11 cars as it is missing something. Any knowledge would be useful. The dealers / service centre didn't know as they haven't done one (yet).

Looking forward to being a proper member here soon!

Cheers.

Snowplay

Hi there,

I am in Cyprus too. I just got my Yeti last week. It's a 1.6tdi greenline.

From which town's dealership are you buying from?

My delivery time was about 3 months by the way :)

I looked at the very short list of cars that were on pre orders from Unicars in Limassol and picked one from the list. If I wanted to do a factory order it would be the same 3 months. Bought what was best compromise for my needs. Really didn't want to wait as can't live easily with one car down. Are you happy with it?? I am looking forward to the extra ground clearance as my Touran was really too low for most of Cyprus's back roads. I would think the diesel would be great over here. What colour is yours?

Edited by snowplay

I looked at the very short list of cars that were on pre orders from Unicars in Limassol and picked one from the list. If I wanted to do a factory order it would be the same 3 months. Bought what was best compromise for my needs. Really didn't want to wait as can't live easily with one car down. Are you happy with it?? I am looking forward to the extra ground clearance as my Touran was really too low for most of Cyprus's back roads. I would think the diesel would be great over here. What colour is yours?

It's candy white with the following options: Bluetooth,bolero radio,cruise control,rear parking sensors and rain sensors (pretty useless in cyprus i know :) ).

I am driving daily from Larnaca to Nicosia and I wanted a car with good fuel consumption. So far I am very satisfied with everything. Is a pleasure to drive and the overall quality is excellent.

My only complaint is that it came without a spare tire (sealant and inflater instead) but hopefully the dealer will resolve that soon.

Mmm, is it a UK car, or is it the Elegance spec? I didn't think the Bolero radio was an option and the spare tyre was standard as the dealers were having a hard time selling cars with just the sealant. I know the spare takes up a significant amount of room, so will have to do some checking with my usual airport holiday bag when it arrives! Ours has the rear parking sensors (which I couldnt change) but would much rather have had the cruise control instead. I set it at 120kph for on the highway and squeeze a bit more on the pedal if I see it is clear of police/radar guns! that's why I am keen to see if it can fitted afterwards, but our dealer is unsure.

I guess the candy White is the best colour for Cyprus. The dealer says that almost 75% of the orders he takes are for that colour. Is yours manual?

Mmm, is it a UK car, or is it the Elegance spec? I didn't think the Bolero radio was an option and the spare tyre was standard as the dealers were having a hard time selling cars with just the sealant. I know the spare takes up a significant amount of room, so will have to do some checking with my usual airport holiday bag when it arrives! Ours has the rear parking sensors (which I couldnt change) but would much rather have had the cruise control instead. I set it at 120kph for on the highway and squeeze a bit more on the pedal if I see it is clear of police/radar guns! that's why I am keen to see if it can fitted afterwards, but our dealer is unsure.

I guess the candy White is the best colour for Cyprus. The dealer says that almost 75% of the orders he takes are for that colour. Is yours manual?

Yes, it's a manual. Actually is the greenline edition and it came with a start/stop function which i did not expect. I choose the Se trim level with the extras i mentioned above. I also arranged a trade with the dealer :) i am giving them back the inflator and sealant and they are fitting a spare wheel next week.

As far as the cruise control it's indeed very usefull and i think you can have it installed afterwards. It costs 200euros to add it as an option when you buy a new car but i've seen it for sale on a skoda accessories web page for half the price.

Let us know your impressions when you get yours.

Looking forward to it arriving. Good idea on the spare wheel, given how many punctures you get here and they are so cheap to fix, rather than wrecking the tyre with that gunk. Having said that: I never needed to use it in my Touran, but I am hoping to be able to do some moderate rough roaring in the Yeti - even with just 2 wheel drive (I have a 4x4 l200 for proper off roading).

If you find out any more on the cruise control, please let me know. I will post back here with some pics when we get ours. Fingers crossed!

Edited by snowplay