sticky rear calipers

za_killer

since buying the car i haven't been to pleased with the breaking power...

changed discs and pads about 1+1/2 month ago (all around) and found out the rear calipers were kinda' stuck... took some solid 30 mins + some decent quantity of degrip spray to get them running again

about 2 months later (at the current moment) the break pedal had to much free movement so i adjusted this using the hard brake + handbrake maneuver. problem is: now i got a sticky caliper on the rear right... it's not killing me, but it would be a shame to waste my new Zimmerman disks and ATE pads on this... is there any way to work around this or could this eventually be the problem of a "non-bled" brake system ... ?

Edited by za_killer

the winding has been done during the disk-and-pads change (about 2 months ago), piston has been cleaned and greased

it may be that there was actually to much dirt, dirt that's clogging the piston up again, so it's well worth a second cleaning

i don't think it's a problem of handbrake not returning to it's position or the small pistons gripping at certain positions. i helped the guy cleaning my calipers (would have done it myself if i had a garage and a winding tool :D ). took half an hour to degrip the central piston. will try another clean-up and if that fails... i'll go for the rebuild