turbo whistle

tkoh12

Ive read a lot of threads now and just wish to ask other people but, my turbo whistles when spooling up. is this normal?

it doesnt do it on tick over or any other time just when under load?

is this okay or is it time i started mooching for a new one?

Tom

i have same a faint whine like a police siren when the turbo slows down when your slowing down in 2nd and 1st its not really loud but definatly a police siren sound, doesnt do it when accelerating just get the normal whistle not the whine. been doing this for 3000 miles since i got the car, is it something that we get worse then i will need a new turbo or could it just stay like that from now on, just a bit concerned about the turbo going bang, please help guys.....

Edited by nathan willard

i have same a faint whine like a police siren when the turbo slows down when your slowing down in 2nd and 1st its not really loud but definatly a police siren sound, doesnt do it when accelerating just get the normal whistle not the whine. been doing this for 3000 miles since i got the car, is it something that we get worse then i will need a new turbo or could it just stay like that from now on, just a bit concerned about the turbo going bang, please help guys.....

I noticed my turbo making this sound and within 1500 miles it went pop. It might have been making the whine for longer and i just didn't noticed it tho. Cars currently in the garage and i'm preying bits of the turbo haven't been sooked into the engine and caused any damage.